Fordham Post-Game Pressers

Mavric

Honestly, this game does not tell me much. It is an FCS opponent. Even Riley won those. Here is my take on this game:

(1) we started really slow. If we were playing a Big Ten opponent, we would have been down 4 touchdowns after first quarter and we would have spent the entire game playing catch up.

(2) we do not have real depth at many key positions and that will show up late in the season

(3) I really do not think Frost and company are good in recruiting the right talent. When he went to UCF, he coached with the talent that was already there since he was only there for two years. After four years at Nebraska, he and his coaches still cannot recruit a good QB. I also do not see a break out player that can be the difference between winning and losing. For example, we do not have the likes of Divine Ozigbo, Ameer Abdullah, Stanley Morgan, JD Spielman who can take over and will us to victory. 

We played Fordham, an FCS opponent, and did what we were expected to do, which is great. However, how would this translate to games with real opponents. Iowa, penn state, Wisconsin, Minnesota are playing at a much higher level than us. I do not see us winning many Big games with this team. Moreover, our unspecial teams continue to be unspecial and they are a huge liability against opponents with a pulse. Frost needs to hire a dedicated special teams coach immediately because our special teams are chaotic and undependable and will cost a few games this season.

• Plus1 3

5 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Honestly, this game does not tell me much. It is an FCS opponent. Even Riley won those. Here is my take on this game:

(1) we started really slow. If we were playing a Big Ten opponent, we would have been down 4 touchdowns after first quarter and we would have spent the entire game playing catch up.

(2) we do not have real depth at many key positions and that will show up late in the season

(3) I really do not think Frost and company are good in recruiting the right talent. When he went to UCF, he coached with the talent that was already there since he was only there for two years. After four years at Nebraska, he and his coaches still cannot recruit a good QB. I also do not see a break out player that can be the difference between winning and losing. For example, we do not have the likes of Divine Ozigbo, Ameer Abdullah, Stanley Morgan, JD Spielman who can take over and will us to victory. 

We played Fordham, an FCS opponent, and did what we were expected to do, which is great. However, how would this translate to games with real opponents. Iowa, penn state, Wisconsin, Minnesota are playing at a much higher level than us. I do not see us winning many Big games with this team. Moreover, our unspecial teams continue to be unspecial and they are a huge liability against opponents with a pulse. Frost needs to hire a dedicated special teams coach immediately because our special teams are chaotic and undependable and will cost a few games this season.

Yadda yadda yadda. Nebraska would rule the Patriot League 

• Oh Yeah! 1
20 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

One of the biggest reasons being that his wife is beautiful. Way to go Scott.

Probs, but the fanbase has always loved to hate Scott; for leaving home, for coming back, for hiding from LP, for not winning multiple championships, for his throwing motion, for being our coach, and on, and on.

• Plus1 2