Frost needs fired

3 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I agree with you. I was stoked when we hired Frost and truly thought he was "the guy."  It simply has not worked out.  Even if we get to 7 wins next year with an easy schedule, he is not the guy to get us back to winning conference championships or more.  We essentially went from Pelini who was a good coach but struggled against good rushing teams toward the end of his tenure to Riley who was a nice guy but just .500 to Frost who simply seems to be out of his league.  The only hope I have is that we can find the right guy with the next coaching change.  I realize there is risk in this approach too, but after 4 seasons of poor play and losing seasons, I think it's time to move on and take that risk.

We could practically hire any division 1 HC and win 3-4 games a year. Just close your eyes and pick a name out of a hat. 

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, gobiggergoredder said:

You and I agree on just about everything…….

All I’m saying is Frost wins with an accurate/consistent QB.  I for one dont believe you can coach accuracy.

At the end of the day it is Frost who has gone with AM for 4 years.  You think of all the people we could of had (Burrow, Milton…..).  I wonder if he would have done things differently if he had the chance.

But it's Frost's responsibility and call on who the QB is.  It's his fault for not having a capable backup that can step in if Martinez falters.  I didn't think NU needed Burrow and the calls for him were hindsight after his amazing year at LSU.  Milton hasn't done much this year, and FSU has struggled, as well.  However, Frost could have recruited legitimate QB's who could push Adrian and make Adrian better.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

But it's Frost's responsibility and call on who the QB is.  It's his fault for not having a capable backup that can step in if Martinez falters.  I didn't think NU needed Burrow and the calls for him were hindsight after his amazing year at LSU.  Milton hasn't done much this year, and FSU has struggled, as well.  However, Frost could have recruited legitimate QB's who could push Adrian and make Adrian better.

After AMs freshman year we all thought he was elite.  So Frost lost a year as he likely felt he was in decent shape at QB.

I believe Frost actually screwed up last year by not getting a grad transfer to push or replace Adrian this season.

Unfortunately for Frost he hitched his career at Nebraska to Martinez, and stubbornly did not look for his replacement when it became clear he wasn't a winning capable quarterback. It makes no sense that Frost can't develop a quarterback, or find a better quarterback when you look at his track record as a coach and who he recruited at Qb and who he coached at Qb.

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I’m not comparing them at all.

im saying those coaches are only as successful as the play of their QBs.  I believe it’s a very similar situation at Nebraska.

I honestly wouldn't include Gus and Dabo then.  They've proven they can win with running the ball/defense and a serviceable QB.  But again I get what you are trying ro say.

However, AM looks like a different QB when he's given a moving pocket.  He's more comfortable.  But how many rollouts does Scott give him.  Maybe 3-5 verses the 15-20 that should be called.  Look at today as an example.  2nd half, little misdirection to get AM outside the pocket and continued big plays to Allen and the ball to Betts.   Again coach to the strengths of your team, which the coaches you mentioned do a marvelous job of

3 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Some other data points to share.  Frost is 10-21 in conference games and here is how the team has finished in the BIG WEST:

• 2018-Tied for Fifth with a 3-6 record
  • 2019-Tied for Fifth with a 3-6 record
  • 2020-Sole owners of Fifth with a 3-5 record
  • 2021-Currently in sixth with a 1-4 record

To make it worse, look at records against West teams.

Iowa 0-3

Wisconsin 0-3

Minnesota 1-3

Purdue 1-2

Northwestern 2-2

Illinois 2-2

Frost is currently 6-15 against teams he plays EVERY YEAR!!!  That's not a "this schedule is tough" argument. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

4th and the length of my willy at the goal line and you don’t line up under center? He’ll put a damn DT or Yant in at fullback and run it at them proving that we can be a physical team. That’s what cost this team the win today. You score that, momentum was diffidently on our side and that could’ve created the spark or boost this team needed. 

Two years ago we saw Mills line up at fullback, not sure who at RB and Martinez under center and we haven’t seen anything like that since.

Does Frost really want to turn this program around?

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Honestly on sheer talent alone you could give Lane Kiffin 9 mil a year and have top 10 recruiting classes and he would lay waste to the B1G West haha 

I think Lane has matured, he also has Nebraska roots, I would not be against giving him a shot. It may be one of those that make you nervous at first, but I think he would have potential of working out here. Of course, if he had an ounce of success you'd be worried he'd bolt to the next shiny new job.