I have to ask.......

3 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I'd also add that it would currently be difficult to put Benhart back in over Teddy. Maybe you eventually get the jumpsies out of him and slide Turner in to G and put Benhart at RT if it gives you a better 5. But you have to give that new lineup a try next week to start. 

Why not not move Benhart to guard?  Cocoran didn't do a bad job and didn't false start

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

The most noticeable difference is the lack of OL penalties that put us behind on down and distance. 

Yes- then when the replaced player Benhardt came in- he false started on his very first snap. So yes, adding 2 new starters on the Oline seemed to kinda be a big deal. 

Ive watched all the games and even against Fordham and Buffalo who are definitely worse teams than NW- the oline wasnt opening holes AND they were giving up a lot of penetration. SO using those 2 teams as standards IF you want to equate NW with them- there was a HUGE improvement. 

15 hours ago, Mavric said:

I think it's likely we see that although it might not be until next year.

I think Corcoran is a better fit, long term, at Guard than he is at Tackle, particularly if he has aspirations in the NFL. If Benhart can figure out the issues between his ears, and they can recruit behind him and Prochaska, then I'd like to see him move full time. 

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I think Corcoran is a better fit, long term, at Guard than he is at Tackle, particularly if he has aspirations in the NFL. If Benhart can figure out the issues between his ears, and they can recruit behind him and Prochaska, then I'd like to see him move full time. 

That is where I am at as well. Turner moves into guard, Benhart gets his jumsies corrected, you keep Teddy at LT, Jurgens at center and then you let the rest of them battle it out for the remaining G spot. 

2 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

That is where I am at as well. Turner moves into guard, Benhart gets his jumsies corrected, you keep Teddy at LT, Jurgens at center and then you let the rest of them battle it out for the remaining G spot. 

So....why would you move Corcoran to guard? It seems like Benhart is the one that is struggling more at tackle.

Why wouldn't you move Benhart to guard and keep Corcoran at RT and Teddy at LT?

• Plus1 1