Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

6 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Let me ask this, if the Huskers had completed their original, regular season last year, went 8-4 and went bowling and this season was going the same. Would we be having this same conversation? 

09/05 Purdue @Rutgers No fall season    
09/12 Central Mich. Illinois No fall season    
09/19 S. Dakota St. Wis­con­sin No fall season    
09/26 Cincinnati @Iowa No fall season    
10/03 @North­western Minne­sota No fall season    
10/10 Illinois @Ohio State No fall season    
10/17 IDLE IDLE      
10/24 @Rutgers @North­western No fall season @Ohio State @Ohio State
10/31 @Ohio State Penn State No fall season Wis­con­sin Canceled
11/07 Penn State IDLE   @North­western @North­western
11/14 @Iowa @Purdue No fall season Penn State Penn State
11/21 @Wis­con­sin @Mich. St. No fall season Illinois Illinois
11/27 Minne­sota     @Iowa @Iowa
12/05       @Purdue @Purdue
12/12       Minne­sota Minne­sota
12/19       TBD TBD
BOWL TBD

We beat Penn St., Purdue, and Rutgers. 

Would have beat S. Dakota State, and Central Michigan. Easy to see at least one more win on that schedule. 

yes we would be because we would have brought back practically the same team and would be substantially underperforming in year 4. Considering we are either .500 or worse against every team in the B1G West during Frosts tenure makes me think that saying we could have got to 8 wins last year the same as saying we could have got to 8 this year. Nothing that I have seen this season tells me if we played the entire season last year that we win more than we lose. Because Frost has yet to do that here in year 4. 

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Let me ask this, if the Huskers had completed their original, regular season last year, went 8-4 and went bowling and this season was going the same. Would we be having this same conversation? 

10/17 IDLE IDLE      
12/19       TBD TBD
BOWL TBD

Would have beat S. Dakota State, and Central Michigan. Easy to see at least one more win on that schedule. 

The “what if” game hasn’t gotten anyone that far in life so it’s pointless to make it an argument. Are we not a results driven program? Frost’s record speaks for itself.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

yes we would be because we would have brought back practically the same team and would be substantially underperforming in year 4. Considering we are either .500 or worse against every team in the B1G West during Frosts tenure makes me think that saying we could have got to 8 wins last year the same as saying we could have got to 8 this year. Nothing that I have seen this season tells me if we played the entire season last year that we win more than we lose. Because Frost has yet to do that here in year 4. 

Yes, significantly underperforming against the toughest schedule in the nation. I watched us play 3 top 10 teams and thought we over performed against each of them.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Yes, significantly underperforming against the toughest schedule in the nation. I watched us play 3 top 10 teams and thought we over performed against each of them.

and then you saw us poop our pants which is the most consistent part of the Frost tenure. The underperforming comment is in regards to the magical 8-4 season you have come up with for the original schedule last year. If we went 8-4 last year and were 3-5 this year then yeah that would be substantially underperforming. 

• Plus1 5

The problem is that to get the entire Husker nation to get behind a new hire, Scott has to lose the rest of his games.  It could happen.  I am still around a few people that think Scott is the guy to get us back. 

I don't think there is any evidence of that in these 4 seasons.

I thought he would get it done, I was wrong.

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don't think there is one Husker fan that thinks he's gotten the job done.  It's the "yet" part that comes after that people disagree with.

3 minutes ago, FTW said:

We are running out of excuses to keep Scott Frost, to tell you the truth.

Agree to both.  I'm one of the more optimistic guys on the forum but the results are what they are.  I'm really hoping Nebraska can finish with momentum.  If they can't, I really feel some changes are necessary.  The thought of another "rebuild" sucks...  

8 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

10/17 IDLE IDLE      
12/19       TBD TBD
BOWL TBD

There is nothing in the past 3 years and this year that would have predicted we could have gone 8-4 last year.  Therefore you start with a premise that is cannot be supported and a question that isn't justified.  

The way we played last year does not justify thinking they could have gone 8-4.  The D wasn't as good, and the O was even worse than this year.  

No guarantee we would have beaten SDSU - they ended up coming up 2nd is the FCS NC game - probably would have won it if their starting QB didn't get knocked out of the game in the 1st quarter.  Cinci very well could have been a loss as well as Wisc.  

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Agree to both.  I'm one of the more optimistic guys on the forum but the results are what they are.  I'm really hoping Nebraska can finish with momentum.  If they can't, I really feel some changes are necessary.  The thought of another "rebuild" sucks...  

the thought of it doesnt suck if the new coach actually rebuilds though. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

the thought of it doesnt suck if the new coach actually rebuilds though. 

If it happens, It will at minimum be initially depressing to most husker fans.

I do think Scott has had a lot of bad luck and things happened that were out of his control.  Between scheduling, Covid, cancelled games, Transfer portal issues, players getting in legal trouble, etc he has had a hell of a challenge during the rebuild.  People can argue intricacies about what was in or wasn't in his control but either way, it's been tough. 

At this point, those excuses do have to be swept aside IF the team doesn't turn it around for the last 4 games.  We have a few games left against teams that we can, and should, beat imo.  Get that done and most would want him back for another year to see if the momentum continues.      

19 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

10/17 IDLE IDLE      
12/19       TBD TBD
BOWL TBD

If we have learned anything from the Frost era, it is that no wins are easy including against teams we should beat.  I am not sure why you assume we would have beaten PSU, Purdue or Rutgers given Frost has a .323 winning percentage against Big Ten foes.  When you start playing the "What If" game about past seasons, it's a sign there are few excuses left to justify reality.  

Just now, FTW said:

Oh Frost is definitely building something. He’s on his way to becoming the worst coach since Bill Jennings. Let that sink in for a moment. 

He is actually already the worst coach since Bill Jennings. He is more or less one of the coaches that we had between Bible and Devaney. Hopefully he is the Jennings one and our next rights the ship and not the 4th or 5th one and we still have a couple firings to go. 

5 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Actually 2 more years of the same would really suck.  An actual rebuild would bring hope. 

I agree.  Two more years of mediocrity would do longer term damage to the program.  While the 2022 schedule is the easiest I have seen in over a decade, the 2023 is tougher and the 2024 schedule is brutal. By 2024 Alberts will be expected to have shown he can turn around the football program, and if he waits until after the 2023 season to make a change, that really puts his job on the line heading into 2024.  

• Enhance locked and unlocked this topic