Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

talked to a VERY reliable source, big corporate backer, that the administration met this last week with the following::

#1 retain Frost for at least one year

#2 20 million dollar buy out is a major concern and currently not acceptable

#3 will require some coaching staff changes (no specifics), for retention

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GISker said:

talked to a VERY reliable source, big corporate backer, that the administration met this last week with the following::

#1 retain Frost for at least one year

#2 20 million dollar buy out is a major concern and currently not acceptable

#3 will require some coaching staff changes (no specifics), for retention

If #2 is true.  #3 is not.  Any coaching changes would be at Frost's discretion.

If Frost really believes the staff is "that close" I hope he keeps them and proves everyone wrong.

Frost is more in the loop than you are.  If you know that the powers won't buy him out, so does he.  Any coaching changes will be thinking about his career for next year and beyond.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, funhusker said:

If #2 is true.  #3 is not.  Any coaching changes would be at Frost's discretion.

Yep.  Frost says no changes.  Pay me.  Then what?  

Easiest Fix with staff-all in house

Brown to RB coach -If he even wants it

Bill Busch-ST/Safeties

Verduzco/Held/Austin-Gone

Frost move to HC/QB

Lubick-OC/WR

No idea on OL coach.  Ed Warinner from Florida Atlantic?

IMHO, the whole offensive staff needs to go and we need a new OC....Frost just be a CEO.

* Worries me with the "Retain Scott Frost for at least one year."....

• Plus1 1

The more I think about it, the more I believe it is more likely that Chinander leaves and Austin stays if Frost is given another year.

I can see Chin wanting to "cash in" and avoid a possibly sinking ship.  And I see a very proud Frost sticking to his "we are this close" narrative.

If Chin leaves for a DC position somewhere else, buckle up for a frustrating 2022!

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, funhusker said:

The more I think about it, the more I believe it is more likely that Chinander leaves and Austin stays if Frost is given another year.

I can see Chin wanting to "cash in" and avoid a possibly sinking ship.  And I see a very proud Frost sticking to his "we are this close" narrative.

If Chin leaves for a DC position somewhere else, buckle up for a frustrating 2022!

I don't think Chindander leaves, he is a friend of Frost and is only a DC because Frost gave it to him. 

If verdu or Austin are back next year then Frost isn't making it a 6th year. You'd think he would realize that and move on from them, but at the same time he has remained loyal to Martinez and he is a QB that very well could be costing Frost his job.

• Plus1 2

27 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

I don't think Chindander leaves, he is a friend of Frost and is only a DC because Frost gave it to him. 

If verdu or Austin are back next year then Frost isn't making it a 6th year. You'd think he would realize that and move on from them, but at the same time he has remained loyal to Martinez and he is a QB that very well could be costing Frost his job.

If Frost trots the same staff out next year we won't go bowling 

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, lo country said:

Amazing that we were the only school impacted by Covid, the transfer portal, NIL......blah, blah, blah.....

I just think it is funny that we never had a long lists of excuses for coaches who won more games than Frost. All of them since the 50s. But building a program is unique and special tough for Frost but not others. 

1 minute ago, LumberJackSker said:

This excuse will be used next season.

Yep we will go 5-7....a 2 game improvement on this year! The retooled staff just needs another year! 

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I just think it is funny that we never had a long lists of excuses for coaches who won more games than Frost. All of them since the 50s. But building a program is unique and special tough for Frost but not others. 

Yep we will go 5-7....a 2 game improvement on this year! The retooled staff just needs another year! 

I don't even know where to start.  I sound like a clanging gone, but when viewed solely form his time at NU, he stands to go down as one of the worst coaches in FBS history.  And there is nothing to show (other than it hasn't happened) that after 4 losing years you can start to win.........Schiano and Cutcliffe did, but that's it.  Cutcliffe had a couple decent years and nada.....For full disclosure I am unsure if the changed staffs, or if all the other coaches in the 4 year category did not.....

• Plus1 2
18 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Husker Stockholm Syndrome. I'm just going to start replying to posts with #HSS and the Kool-Aid emoji.

• Plus1 2