Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

2 hours ago, funhusker said:

The more I think about it, the more I believe it is more likely that Chinander leaves and Austin stays if Frost is given another year.

I can see Chin wanting to "cash in" and avoid a possibly sinking ship.  And I see a very proud Frost sticking to his "we are this close" narrative.

If Chin leaves for a DC position somewhere else, buckle up for a frustrating 2022!

I can see that too.

The ONLY thing is that Frost clearly has a long long long leash and if he gets to come back and they even get 7 wins, it basically means Frost will be at NU for like another 5 years.  So Chin might like that.

• Plus1 2

I'm not surprised that the higher-ups are leaning towards bringing back Frost. It's just very frustrating. If Frost is able to get to 7 wins in 2022, Frost backers will point to great improvement. It's only "improvement" because he has sucked so much his first 4 years.  I want NU to succeed, I just don't see it happening big-time under Frost. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
13 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I'm not surprised that the higher-ups are leaning towards bringing back Frost. It's just very frustrating. If Frost is able to get to 7 wins in 2022, Frost backers will point to great improvement. It's only "improvement" because he has sucked so much his first 4 years.  I want NU to succeed, I just don't see it happening big-time under Frost. 

The bar and excitement level would be so low for next season, like, if you were a PU fan or a Indiana fan "With some breaks we could make a bowl game!" type stuff.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
48 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Fully agree. The minimum number of wins he should be expected to deliver in year 5 with the easiest schedule in a decade is 8 maybe 9 wins.  Going 6-6 or 7-5 next year is not enough. 

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

No way do they allow Frost to return with the same staff. No way.

Get ready! I can see all of it played back again in 2022, this time with a worse defense.

I honestly think leadership has a very different view of this situation than most on this board (including myself) do.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
48 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

No way do they allow Frost to return with the same staff. No way.

They have only had a few games to really evaluate this staff.  Frost needs time to develop these kids.  We have really good coaches and really good players.  

Grin it and bear it.  Frost is here to stay.  He loves these kids.

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

There was the rumor somewhere on this board that big $ donor said Frost is staying and $20 million buy out is too much, but he will have to change out some staff. If Frost is retained, he is here for at least 2 years regardless of record.....

Next season will be at least a new staff or 4....I am in the camp to get rid of them except Beckton.  Bring in a new OC and Frost gets the "CEO tag" and quits trying to be OC.  I don't think that will happen though.  So we go 4-8/5-7 next year.  (My way too early season pick em).  It will be blamed on new staff/scheme/technique etc.....Throw in the 80th ranked recruit class that I feel will be higher (worse) in 2023 if we continue to lose and that plays into it as well.  Giving him one more year doesn't save a lot of many.  Giving him two will.......So then as @Hedley Lamarr pointed out, he goes 6-6/7-5 in year 2 (he will get a timeline reset as he is the chosen one) do you now fire a continually under performing coach with a now "winning record".......

19 minutes ago, lo country said:

There was the rumor somewhere on this board that big $ donor said Frost is staying and $20 million buy out is too much, but he will have to change out some staff. If Frost is retained, he is here for at least 2 years regardless of record.....

Next season will be at least a new staff or 4....I am in the camp to get rid of them except Beckton.  Bring in a new OC and Frost gets the "CEO tag" and quits trying to be OC.  I don't think that will happen though.  So we go 4-8/5-7 next year.  (My way too early season pick em).  It will be blamed on new staff/scheme/technique etc.....Throw in the 80th ranked recruit class that I feel will be higher (worse) in 2023 if we continue to lose and that plays into it as well.  Giving him one more year doesn't save a lot of many.  Giving him two will.......So then as @Hedley Lamarr pointed out, he goes 6-6/7-5 in year 2 (he will get a timeline reset as he is the chosen one) do you now fire a continually under performing coach with a now "winning record".......

if they can't afford to fire him what's their leverage to force him to make staff changes. If Alberts says you have to make changes or else and Frost says no then what?

• Plus1 2