Why I Would Keep Frost For 2022

BIG ERN

4 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Nature of the business now days. Jimbo got a 10 year, Schiano got a 8 year, Drinkwitz got 6 years, Klieman got extended out 6 years, Brohm extended out 7 years, Saban extended out 8 years, Gundy signed an extensions where he will never be under 5 years. You do it to show support and allow coaches to sell the program appropriately. Sense of urgency doesn't need to be disclosed in this line of work. 

These numbers are crazy.  I guess I haven’t been keeping up with all this.   Big money being spent, for sure.   

3 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

I think the 7 year for HCSF was to show him we were giving him more time than the norm to rebuild.   There’s a good case to be made that 2020 shouldn’t “count “ as far as expectations go.  Remember we didn’t get a spring session.  So one could argue we fired him ( if it happens) after 3 “normal “ years.  

At any program that strives for division and conf titles 3 straight losing seasons is met with them no longer being employed. The fact Frost has been given a 4th season is a testament to a runway not provided at other blue blood programs. So yes the 7 year contract could have been a sign that he would be given more time than most, but year 4 IS that extra time given. 

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, man eating mastodon said:

Have you been watching any games the last 4 years?? 

I can tell you misunderstood the point I was trying to make.

We're in purgatory. We're doomed for f***ery in the post-Osborne era. This has all just been more pain but is perfectly apropos.

The thing is that I really love Frost's offensive playbook. His scheme and designs are perfect for college football and perfect for the B1G.

But he has just flat out jumped the shark at actually putting together game plans and then getting grounded offensively in the first half of games.

I disagree with the people that say our offense "lacks identity." If I could make a find & replace filter work for that phrase on this site to replace 'an identity' with 'Charlize Theron in spandex' it would really enhance the experience here.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Undone said:

The thing is that I really love Frost's offensive playbook. His scheme and designs are perfect for college football and perfect for the B1G.

But he has just flat out jumped the shark at actually putting together game plans and then getting grounded offensively in the first half of games.

I disagree with the people that say our offense "lacks identity." If I could make a find & replace filter work for that phrase on this site to replace 'an identity' with 'Charlize Theron in spandex' it would really enhance the experience here.

I think a lot of people use "lacks identity" to mean "we ain't scorin' enuff points!" 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, GSG said:

I think a lot of people use "lacks identity" to mean "we ain't scorin' enuff points!" 

Yeah, either that or "we should run the triple option 75% of the time like it's 1995."

But I still believe firmly that our offense lacks Charlize Theron in spandex.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Undone said:

Yeah, either that or "we should run the triple option 75% of the time like it's 1995."

But I still believe firmly that our offense lacks Charlize Theron in spandex.

Its really not either of your suggestions. It's taking what the defense gives you vs imposing your will. 

The ones that say we don't have an identity would prefer we were strong and talented enough to impose our will, like we did in the old days, creating our opportunities rather than being opportunistic.

11 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Not what I said.  But a 7 year deal (vs the standard 5) gives the impression of getting longer to “rebuild.”  So my point why did we even do it?   If we’re firing after 4 based on W/L, then a 5 year deal would have been better.   IMO a shorter initial contact provides for a better sense of urgency.  

If Frost is the coach we hope he is. He shouldn’t need motivation from how long his contract is. Do you think Saban does a better job if his contract is longer? I doubt it. He is self motivated by the desire to be great. I think we gave him 7 cause we thought we were hiring the next Saban. 

Just now, Huskers93-97 said:

If Frost is the coach we hope he is. He shouldn’t need motivation from how long his contract is. Do you think Saban does a better job if his contract is longer? I doubt it. He is self motivated by the desire to be great. I think we gave him 7 cause we thought we were hiring the next Saban. 

Nope. Cuz we know what a dumpster fire Rileyaco left. At the time everyone agreed.

1 minute ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Nope. Cuz we know what a dumpster fire Rileyaco left. At the time everyone agreed.

I get that, but your missing the point that we should be in a much better place after 4 years. 3-9 most likely in year 4 is not showing any signs of heading in the right direction. 6-6 he is back next year. I think we can agree 6-6 is very low standards and a long leash. Frost is the one not doing his part to show he deserves 7 years. You seem intent on being frustrated with the program like it may not honor 7 years. But Frost is not holding up his end. Hell if he gets to 5-7 this year he might be back. Talk about a long leash. You think any other school would keep him? I’m not talking blue bloods. f#&%ing Kansas would fire him 

• Plus1 2
Just now, Huskers93-97 said:

I get that, but your missing the point that we should be in a much better place after 4 years. 3-9 most likely in year 4 is not showing any signs of heading in the right direction. 6-6 he is back next year. I think we can agree 6-6 is very low standards and a long leash. Frost is the one not doing his part to show he deserves 7 years. You seem intent on being frustrated with the program like it may not honor 7 years. But Frost is not holding up his end. Hell if he gets to 5-7 this year he might be back. Talk about a long leash. You think any other school would keep him? I’m not talking blue bloods. f#&%ing Kansas would fire him 

I get that you feel that way. 

Truth is covid year f#&%ed up the rebuild. I know I know.... every team dealt with it :bang. First off, not every team dealt with it like BIG teams had to, thanks to the idiot in the office.

Second. Its like two houses are side by side, one is just being built framework is up maybe rafters are starting held in place but not locked in. The other house is fully built, everything locked in tight.

100 mile wind comes through. Built house loses a few shingles, maybe some siding. Framed house gets blown apart. Might not have to completely start over, but completing that framed house is gonna take a bit longer now.

Husker football is the framed house. A built program was easier to sustain during the pandemic than one that was still fragile and not completely buttoned up. 

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1