Frost is returning for 2022

knapplc

10 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

I keep seeing the idea that Frost should coach the QB's. I am assuming that is because of the obvious. That being said- Frost wasn't known for his passing acumen and performed in a completely different offense. Not sure he'd really be the best qb coach for mechanics, etc.

I keep thinking back on that Mike Leach quote: "If a quarterback isn't accurate, you shouldn't recruit him." Like what is & isn't teachable for QBs? There's probably a case to be made that you shouldn't even try to mess with mechanics, because if a QB doesn't have it coming out of HS, he probably never will...

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I said I wanted a coaching search.  That would make me happy. 

Well there ya go, we're currently searching for multiple assistant coaches.

• Oh Yeah! 2
1 minute ago, Toe said:

I keep thinking back on that Mike Leach quote: "If a quarterback isn't accurate, you shouldn't recruit him." Like what is & isn't teachable for QBs? There's probably a case to be made that you shouldn't even try to mess with mechanics, because if a QB doesn't have it coming out of HS, he probably never will...

Could be right, its such a quick twitch movement. I just don't think Frost is automatically the best QB coach because he was a great qb for us. 

4 minutes ago, captain_sasquatch said:

I'm glad I could be of service. I guess maybe I'm too pragmatic, but it's already been confirmed there will not be a coaching search.

You're clearly against Frost as the HC. I absolutely get that. The results haven't been there. You don't enjoy watching us play these top 10 teams close and lose. I also get that. I think I agree with you more than I disagree.

You go on to say you won't enjoy it if we win 9 or 10 games next year. You then bring up Bo for some reason. It's clear that nothing that is potentially possible about Husker football in the near to intermediate future is going to make you happy. My question is: why do you continue to invest your time?

Because it is fun!  

I don't enjoy watch us play top 10 teams like Illinois, Purdue, Minny and lose close

I bring up Bo because the dorks that wanted him gone claimed it was about the bad losses.  Frost has tons of bad losses, 3 this year alone.

I feel like we are on the exact same page.

5 minutes ago, Toe said:

Well there ya go, we're currently searching for multiple assistant coaches.

I am excited for that!

Can't wait for then to announce "Matt Davison:  Inside WR Coach"

• Haha 3

Just now, Husker_Bohunk said:

Speaking strictly for myself, it was about his bad attitude AND his ridiculous losses. At one point he practically dared the AD to terminate him, I would have.

Glad he did not beg for his job.

Just now, Cdog923 said:

Gonna be hard for him to do that and run for Congress. 

Good point!