New Staff Selection

35 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

That is what I read, however if we arent even to the point of the ink drying for our WR coach...well he aint coming. 

I know a lot of people gripe about hiring seemingly "only" coaches who have ties to the program, but in a market like this, ties to the program is exactly what you are looking for. It gives you a leg up in finding a quality coach. If a coach agrees just for cash, you lose them as soon as you get outbid. True, this can happen if they have ties as well, but, they tend to have a rooting interest in the success of the program and a less likely to leave you spurned. All things being equal, you'd rather have someone with ties, than without. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Born N Bled Red said:

I know a lot of people gripe about hiring seemingly "only" coaches who have ties to the program, but in a market like this, ties to the program is exactly what you are looking for. It gives you a leg up in finding a quality coach. If a coach agrees just for cash, you lose them as soon as you get outbid. True, this can happen if they have ties as well, but, they tend to have a rooting interest in the success of the program and a less likely to leave you spurned. All things being equal, you'd rather have someone with ties, than without. 

wouldnt you rather just hire the best available and view the ties as simply a perk? I simply dont want the ties to be part of the search criteria. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I like Chadwell because he has a history of turning programs around at multiple stops and has a decade plus of HC experience. If Korn can bring a Coastal flavor to our offense I am ok with that but would take Herman over him 10/10 times.. However if we fill all of our 4 openings with non p5 coaches I would find it comical because we just let go of a bunch of guys with similar resumes. Many of us have complained about our lack of experience on staff to kind of help Frost out. If we bring in a bunch of guys that are inexperienced eeks that wouldnt seem to be the direction many of us thought we would go. 

I never said I dont want G5 coaches. I simply pointed out how comical it would be if we replaced our G5 coaches with more G5 coaches in total. You don't find that slightly comical? 

No, I believe there are usually very good coaches at G5 waiting for their chance.

What if Korn came and brought his RB and O line coach and we also got Joseph?

1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

wouldnt you rather just hire the best available and view the ties as simply a perk? I simply dont want the ties to be part of the search criteria. 

Exactly, this whole being from NE or being an alumni is a positive, but it's a very small portion of the puzzle. 

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I wholeheartedly agree. I shouldn't be part of the search criteria, however, they may be the only ones willing to say yes to the opportunity and the amount we are willing to pay. You're assuming that our candidate pool is any available OC. Really our candidate pool is any OC willing to say yes to our offer. 

I think we are really saying the same thing, but from opposite sides of the coin. 

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

No, I believe there are usually very good coaches at G5 waiting for their chance.

They arent Korns coaches. Korn is the Co-OC and QB Coach. Chadwell is the mastermind behind the offense. The other Co-OC is the RB Coach who has been with Chadwell forever. I don't want their OL coach either even though he would be an improvement over what we have had. If we want to turn this sucker around and Frost remains HC he needs guys that can flip it quick. 

4 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

I wholeheartedly agree. I shouldn't be part of the search criteria, however, they may be the only ones willing to say yes to the opportunity and the amount we are willing to pay. You're assuming that our candidate pool is any available OC. Really our candidate pool is any OC willing to say yes to our offer. 

I think we are really saying the same thing, but from opposite sides of the coin. 

I mean any place is like that though. Your pool is only those who will say yes. You don't find it odd that every name that seems to come up is former huskers. Granted that is just on message boards and twitter but yikes I just want the best available. If the best we can do is also an alum awesome. If the best available isnt an alum, I honestly dont care. 

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I am reading on Tiger Droppings that LSU fans dont think much of Mickey Joseph basically they had to supplement his coaching limitations with other coaches to make up for it and Brady was actually teaching him how to coach WRs....yay 

Would definitely be the first time in recorded history that fans have talked bad about a coach that was leaving...

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 6
2 hours ago, RedDenver said:

For everyone complaining about the chaos and uncertainty of hiring the offensive staff, imagine how much more chaotic it would be if we were hiring a new HC and then both the offensive and defensive staffs.

Why would hiring a new full staff be chaotic? The amount of chaos depends only on the quality of leadership in charge of the hiring. 

19 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The RB coach at CC Newland Isaac is also the co-offensive coordinator along with Willy K. The O line coach is Bill Durkin. He is a U Mass grad. He was a 4 year letterman and played in the pros for NE Patriots and the Rhine Fire in NFL Europe. He has worn lots of coaching hats in his career. He has coached RB’s, PAT/FG, tight ends and OLine. None of the three have Power 5 experience or have experience with the Big Ten.

11 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

They arent Korns coaches. Korn is the Co-OC and QB Coach. Chadwell is the mastermind behind the offense. The other Co-OC is the RB Coach who has been with Chadwell forever. I don't want their OL coach either even though he would be an improvement over what we have had. If we want to turn this sucker around and Frost remains HC he needs guys that can flip it quick. 

Who calls the plays?

I agree, I want an O line coach from a P5 program or higher. My choice of the ones mentioned is Garrison. 

I don’t know him, but I wouldn’t be upset if Korn came and brought his RB coach. 

A combo of Korn, his RB coach, Garrison and Joseph would be good in my mind. 

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Who calls the plays?

I agree, I want an O line coach from a P5 program or higher. My choice of the ones mentioned is Garrison. 

I don’t know him, but I wouldn’t be upset if Korn came and brought his RB coach. 

A combo of Korn, his RB coach, Garrison and Joseph would be good in my mind. 

And who would do ST?

• Plus1 2