Mickey Joseph Hired As WR’s Coach, AHC & Passing Game Coordinator

What sucks is that one of my old students is now the #1 ranked WR in Louisiana… I reached out to Frost & Co. multiple times when he was a freshman and told them about him, yet he never heard anything from them. When I mentioned it here people laughed and couldn’t have cared less - yet now it’s all relevant because Mickey Joseph is the one who was recruiting him to LSU and did an in-home visit with him earlier this week. Had Frost & his staff listened, there’s a very good likelihood that this kid would’ve ended up at Nebraska. 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

What sucks is that one of my old students is now the #1 ranked WR in Louisiana… I reached out to Frost & Co. multiple times when he was a freshman and told them about him, yet he never heard anything from them. When I mentioned it here people laughed and couldn’t have cared less - yet now it’s all relevant because Mickey Joseph is the one who was recruiting him to LSU and did an in-home visit with him earlier this week. Had Frost & his staff listened, there’s a very good likelihood that this kid would’ve ended up at Nebraska. 

He still could.

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1

I'd love to see Ludwig come to NU but he and Kyle Whittingham are pretty much Bad Boys for Life and I think it would take a truly remarkable opportunity to pull him away which Nebraska isn't.  Grimes would be the dream hire as NU can give him a massive salary bump (although I expect Baylor to do everything in their power to keep him).

• Fire 1
8 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

You know how many emails they probably get from fans saying..."You need to recruit this guy"?

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I'd love to see Ludwig come to NU but he and Kyle Whittingham are pretty much Bad Boys for Life and I think it would take a truly remarkable opportunity to pull him away which Nebraska isn't.  Grimes would be the dream hire as NU can give him a massive salary bump (although I expect Baylor to do everything in their power to keep him).

I feel like I read an article right after the Texass/OU SEC news that Baylor had basically put a freeze on any new spending in their athletic department because they're going to lose a TON of TV money once those two schools leave the conference. He could be looking for some $tablity for his paycheck (provided we get NU turned around and don't have to fire Frost next year) 

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, GSG said:

I feel like I read an article right after the Texass/OU SEC news that Baylor had basically put a freeze on any new spending in their athletic department because they're going to lose a TON of TV money once those two schools leave the conference. He could be looking for some $tablity for his paycheck (provided we get NU turned around and don't have to fire Frost next year) 

Ooh, that would be a positive turn of events for Nebraska then.

12 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Ooh, that would be a positive turn of events for Nebraska then.

Well now I can't find it. It may have been COVID related as well. Either way, all of the BIg 12 schools will have less money to work with going forward. 

32 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

But do you think he's better than what we've got? 

• Haha 3

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Oh, I’m sure… but how many of them are national Top 100 recruits? 

They probably look at those guys without emails though. I'm not saying they shouldn't have done anything differently, but maybe they reached out to the coach and he said you've got no shot. Maybe they decided they had no shot without reaching out. It would be nice to know for sure that they were doing their due diligence on the top recruits by at least talking to them directly, but not hard selling a guy who has much better offers closer to home isn't the worst mistake they've made.

50 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Oh, I’m sure… but how many of them are national Top 100 recruits? 

How many of them are teachers or parents or fans who think they are national top 100 recruits? 

It's wild that you're so disappointed you never heard back without knowing any details on if they saw your email, followed up on it, were in contact, etc. What are you looking for, a text from Frost that says, "Thanks for the good tip The Scarlet Pimpernel, he looks like a great player but after being in contact (because of your great suggestion) he isn't interested in coming to Nebraska. Seriously though, good job!"

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1