Mickey Joseph Hired As WR’s Coach, AHC & Passing Game Coordinator

47 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

When’s the last time (probably never) that anyone on here has seen a black person be turned away at a restaurant because of their skin color? I don’t doubt some kind of minor confrontation/confusion with a hostess, but I highly doubt she wasn’t seated because she’s black.

Considering she's not black I'd say it's entirely impossible. 

10 hours ago, Mavric said:

She apparently went to a restaurant and was told "we're full."  

There is plenty of discussion about the reasoning for that.  She seems to claim it is because of her being black.  Others speculating that they only appeared to have tables open because the outdoor space was not being used because of the heat.

She also said it was because the host took one look at them and told them they were full without looking at his book.  I mean it seems fairly obvious to me that if you're full you probably don't need to look at your table list every time somebody walks in, you probably know... Then she went on tweeting stuff like "we know ya'll don't want us here", like what is she talking about?  But just the day before she tweeted about going to Muchachos and being "treated like royalty"...

22 minutes ago, Farms said:

She also said it was because the host took one look at them and told them they were full without looking at his book.  I mean it seems fairly obvious to me that if you're full you probably don't need to look at your table list every time somebody walks in, you probably know... Then she went on tweeting stuff like "we know ya'll don't want us here", like what is she talking about?  But just the day before she tweeted about going to Muchachos and being "treated like royalty"...

In the last couple years, I've been in a number of restaurants that claimed they were full but had empty tables.  It's because they don't have the staff.  If you don't have a full wait staff, you can't seat all the tables.  It's frustrating when it happens.  But, it's happened to me....and I'm not black.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, Farms said:

just to play devils advocate he very well could have looked at the book before they even showed up and knew they were full so there is no need to look at the book.  

1 hour ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

just to play devils advocate he very well could have looked at the book before they even showed up and knew they were full so there is no need to look at the book.  

Yea that's exactly what I'm saying, you don't need to look at your book to know you're full.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

In the last couple years, I've been in a number of restaurants that claimed they were full but had empty tables.  It's because they don't have the staff.  If you don't have a full wait staff, you can't seat all the tables.  It's frustrating when it happens.  But, it's happened to me....and I'm not black.

In fairness, both could be true. 1) Mrs. Joseph could be used to being the exception to the "we're full" situation. As a previous server, there are certain people you make exceptions for when you're full staffwise but with empty tables or 10 minutes to closing time, 1) regulars, 2) famous people  3. big tippers. Mrs Joseph could certainly be used to falling under one of those categories and thus the shock when it didn't happen in this instance. Unfortunately for Mrs. Joseph, in Nebraska, unless people know her by sight, she probably isn't getting the benefit of the doubt in a new establishment because she 1) isn't a known regular 2) isn't known to be famous, and 3) there are racist opinions around tipping in the service industry. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

My guess is no, since it's just the coordinators, along with Frost.  Also, not sure if that will include Bill Busch, as he's the ST Coordinator.

I looked back in a thread and Bland chose the word “position coaches,” while Derek Peterson followed up suggesting it would be good to have MJ and BB out in front too. Considering their titles, I would figure they’d be included in speaking to media, but oh well. If they win then it won’t matter, but If they lose then it’ll be a gripe and nonsense side story. I prefer to hear from those two and believe they should available, but not something to get caught up in (more or less change the current topic)

1 minute ago, Savage Husker said:

I looked back in a thread and Bland chose the word “position coaches,” while Derek Peterson followed up suggesting it would be good to have MJ and BB out in front too. Considering their titles, I would figure they’d be included in speaking to media, but oh well. If they win then it won’t matter, but If they lose then it’ll be a gripe and nonsense side story. I prefer to hear from those two and believe they should available, but not something to get caught up in (more or less change the current topic)

I'm totally neutral on the topic of having all of the position coaches available to the media.  It was great to have that in the past, but I understand why it was changed this year.

Nick Bahe had a good take on this topic.  The fans that approved of the move, were fans that already had positive opinions of Frost/were Frost defenders.  The fans that were upset at the move, were fans that were already against Frost.  This move isn't changing anyone's mind.

• Plus1 2
  • 1 month later...