Huskers Land Texas Transfer QB Casey Thompson

11 hours ago, runningblind said:

The chances of a non running QB getting injured behind this line are already not low. See last year and Casey Thompson.  Being able to run for his life is a plus.

Yeah I saw nothing in that spring game that indicates your wrong. With that said I felt a hell of alot better with either Sims or Thompson as the back up compared to Purdy.

• Plus1 3

3 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I heard he has a list of 6 teams already and was setting up a visit to Auburn.  Also heard Auburn is in top 3.  Just crazy to think that he could potentially have a team by Monday after going into the portal on Friday.

His dad has probably been working with schools for months. They just needed to see that he was “healthy” and at least able to throw. That’s why Thompson released that video of him throwing on Monday. 

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 1

14 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

His dad has probably been working with schools for months. They just needed to see that he was “healthy” and at least able to throw. That’s why Thompson released that video of him throwing on Monday. 

So then his tweet that he sent out when he said he intended to come back was to safe face and there was never any real intent to come back?

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
20 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

So then his tweet that he sent out when he said he intended to come back was to safe face and there was never any real intent to come back?

Exactly.  CT chose to stay on after Frost got fired and after the new coaches were hired.  He could have announced his transfer at any time after Frost left.  He did not and chose to stay. 

Things obviously changed.

54 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

He did not overreact to the coaching change & was taking his time to evaluate the new staff.  He felt it was in his best interest to move on.  Live with it & let him move on.  I hope he does well!

29 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

He did not overreact to the coaching change & was taking his time to evaluate the new staff.  He felt it was in his best interest to move on.  Live with it & let him move on.  I hope he does well!

I am I just think its funny how things transpired so quickly or things were happening behind the scenes that us general fans didn't know about.  

25 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Not me, offense is changing & he has 1 yr left.  He is not durable enough to run a lot.

Exactly. 

Hopefully Matt Rhule was honest with Casey about the direction of the offense. Personally, I don't think they had a choice but to go with Sims over Thompson. The offense won't be able to run the ball without a mobile QB, considering how God awful the line is.

Expect Rhules offense in year 1 to be similar to year 3 with Adrian Martinez.  The QB is going to be stuck trying to make a play nearly every down because the abysmal line doesn't allow for much else. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

CT was able to get surgery and rehab on NU’s dime, all while watching his new competition and offense under the new coaches. This was a calculated decision process which started shortly after the end of the season and hiring of Rhule. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2