Roe v Wade overturned????? Draft says so

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 7/5/2022 at 11:33 AM, TGHusker said:

We are both teachers.  Me at the adjunct level - Mgmt courses.     Great minds tracking together (In my NOT SO humble opinion:B)).  We don't have to agree on everything to be agreeable and to understand each other.  The problem with our politics today is that most politicians think opposites are adversaries - people bent on destroying 'us'.  When opposites are actually our friends - meant to help us to understand more fully and develop us more fully.  Life is full of these opposites.  If we fight against them, (Kick against the goads in our life) then we won't grow.  Our Damascus Road experience will be meaningless and self defeating.  I've gained much by listening to the opposing voices on HB - it has helped me to get out of the far right silo that I was in. I hoped I have helped others who have been in the far left silo as well.

Apostle Paul explains his Damascus Road experience to the Roman King Agrippa in Acts 26

Thanks everyone for the input.  I wanted to get a good base of how folks think here.

Let me say (also as a man of deep faith) that I am firmly pro-choice.  My reasons may seem a bit different than others, however. 

I don't agree with abortion (except in the extreme cases outlined by others already).  I also don't believe that it's my business to tell other people how they should live or what moral mindset they need to have.  This is what makes me pro-choice. 

For those individuals that have a belief and use their beliefs to strong arm their will upon others - this causes more harm than good.  It creates a negative opinion of the universal Church and believers in general.

Also - things like this Roe decision (and other precedent being overturned) have nothing to do with Christianity.  It has to do with a select few holding power over others - that want to continue to tell others how to live and what to do.  Remember - the KKK was created in the church back in the day as well.

Lastly - the scripture that was quoted above in Acts 26 is all well and good, however, Paul (formally Saul) had to be converted for him to have belief first.

As humans, we all have free will to choose how to live our lives.  If you believe in the same God that I do, then this isn't a foreign concept.  If the Almighty above wanted to get rid of abortion - he'd do it himself, not suppress people in such a negative way.  Free will is a biblical belief and often is overlooked.....intentionally.  Revelation 22:17 talks about this.

So - I am firmly pro-choice.  I may not agree with things like abortion, but, again, who in the hell am I to tell a woman what to do with her body?  That's up to her, not me, and when I stand before the Judgement Seat of Christ, I don't think he's going to hold me responsible because some gal in Arizona decided to get an abortion.

• Plus1 3

Of course start with an opening salvo on the border "chaos".  Then "Biden" something, something or another.  Don't forget the tried and true illegal immigrants are rapists lean, then finish with posting photos of the doctor who performed the procedure.  This hyperbole thing sure got out of control fast.

Jesse Waters btw was just on the "rape didn't happen" bandwagon.  :facepalm:

• Thanks 2

This guy.  But I guess I can't be surprised that a guy who looked the other way while coaching athletes that were being sexually assaulted would say some crap like this:

https://www.businessinsider.com/jim-jordan-deletes-tweet-10-year-old-abortion-another-lie-2022-7

Republican Rep. Jim Jordan deleted a tweet on Wednesday in which he called the story of a 10-year-old Ohio girl receiving an abortion after being raped "another lie" following the arrest of a man in connection with the case.

"Another lie. Anyone surprised?" Jordan, an Ohio Republican, wrote on Twitter in a message on his official account that quoted a story about Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost's office initially saying it had not found any evidence to support the rape charge.

Gotta love how all these d******ds scored political points saying the rape and abortion story of a ten year old was made up, a lie, and then when it’s verified to be real, nada from them. No retractions, no acknowledgement that they were talking out their a$$, simply on to the next deal to cast aspersions and falsehoods. Scumbags.

• Plus1 2