TE Carter Nelson

HuskerBoard Predictor  

44 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Nelson commit?

• Nebraska
    • Georgia
    • Alabama

This poll is closed to new votes

40 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Does anybody think that Nebraska maybe should try him out at wide receiver like Georgia was going to?  Food for thought.

Rhule likes the TE's to be versatile. One snap he could be a blocking TE, the next a wide receiver, then with his speed a RB on a jet sweep and yet another time a receiving TE.

Just now, TonyStalloni said:

Rhule likes the TE's to be versatile. One snap he could be a blocking TE, the next a wide receiver, then with his speed a RB on a jet sweep and yet another time a receiving TE.

I understand just I'm asking that Nebraska uses him primarily as a wr like Georgia wanted to do.  Yes he can do all those roles but primarily uses him as a wr and not a te for the offense.  I wonder why Georgia would think about using him in that role?  Yes Carter Nelson is tall but does he have enough speed on the outside, Georgia seem to think so.

57 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I understand just I'm asking that Nebraska uses him primarily as a wr like Georgia wanted to do.  Yes he can do all those roles but primarily uses him as a wr and not a te for the offense.  I wonder why Georgia would think about using him in that role?  Yes Carter Nelson is tall but does he have enough speed on the outside, Georgia seem to think so.

Does anyone think we should get him to commit first?  Yes Carter Nelson is good but should we get him to sign here first before we do what Georgia said they were going to do?  Does he have enough ink in his pen to sign?

I know it’s a lot of questions and every answer is hypothetical.  I’ll ask more in a few minutes.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

7 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Does anyone think we should get him to commit first?  Yes Carter Nelson is good but should we get him to sign here first before we do what Georgia said they were going to do?  Does he have enough ink in his pen to sign?

I know it’s a lot of questions and every answer is hypothetical.  I’ll ask more in a few minutes.

You and I know he's going to commit and I was asking that question SHOULD Nebraska use him as a wr and not a tight end??  Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed lol.

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

You and I know he's going to commit and I was asking that question SHOULD Nebraska use him as a wr and not a tight end??  Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed lol.

Does it even matter if he's listed as a Tight End or Wide Receiver, and more on how he's used?  And how he's used would really be dependent on how Nelson continues to grow and develop with his body and how they see him fit into the offense.  We haven't even seen the Satterfield/Rhule offense, so we have no idea how the skill players are going to be utilized.  I think the best thing that Nelson brings is a unique blend of size, speed, and athleticism.  Those attributes generally create mismatches on the defense.  Those attributes should make him a great blend of a blocker and receiver, and it shouldn't matter where he's lined up.

I just think it's silly to have hypothetical conversations about how a recruit may potentially be used when the recruit hasn't even arrived on campus yet, and we haven't seen what the offense under the new coaching staff is going to be like.

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 4

• Mavric changed the title to TE Carter Nelson
  • Mavric pinned this topic