Big Ten Media

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would love to know how the NFL game viewership last night compared to a normal Thursday night game. 

I know nobody in my family watched it that normally would because it was on Amazon. 

I only watched it because it was on Amazon. I've watched less and less football over the years since I cut the cord because it's just not worth the extra money to watch only sports.

• TBH 2

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

And, that’s why I can’t imagine getting Amazon just because of this.  So, I just won’t watch. 

I mean it's not that hard to watch games, and it's still cheaper than full on cable to get streaming subscriptions. I just don't watch football like I used to, and streaming was a small contributor to that.

Amazon is a no brained though. I already pay for Prime for shipping, so the streaming content is a bonus.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2

I would love to know how the NFL game viewership last night compared to a normal Thursday night game. 

I know nobody in my family watched it that normally would because it was on Amazon. 

:rolleyes:

My entire office was hyped to watch it. My parents really liked watching it on Amazon. Like @ZRod I don't watch a ton of games that aren't my team but I watched about half last night because the Xray features are fun

No clue how viewership was but I really liked the way they did the game.  We already pay for prime for the free shipping so it was no additional cost for us.  

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I can't find any numbers yet.

Amazon told advertisers to expect 12.5M viewersLast year it was 16.4M, but that was apparently up 16% from the year before, which would mean 2020 was about 14.1M.

Will be interesting to see if they actually got that many.  If they did, that's not too bad.  But it would seem like they'd be in for a drop.

• Plus1 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/6/2023 at 12:57 PM, Red Five said:

Could be a lot worse than this.  Noah is Ian's son, and sounds a lot like his dad.  Blackledge was ESPN's #2 color guy behind Herbie.

ND games this year on NBC were basically unlistenable with Chris Collinsworth's kid and Jason Garrett.

The hell happened to ESPN? They basically had the college football market cornered, and were the best quality. Guess Texas really does destroy everything. It's been downhill since the longwhorn network and they've lost probably 90% of their talent.

2 hours ago, ZRod said:

The hell happened to ESPN? They basically had the college football market cornered, and were the best quality? Guess Texas really does destroy everything. It's been downhill since the longwhorn network and they've lost probably 90% of their talent.

It’s been downhill since it became the SECnetwork