Who should our next HC be?

12 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

Go look at who Frost played for and it is just as impressive as Deion and that didn't go over so well for him at the P5 level. 

Agree 100%.  But we still hired Frost.  Of course Deion at the NFL level......Point being, every coach on that list is a risk.  Recruiting issues, NIL, to most a new conference.  No way to know until we hire the guy and gets to work.  If we can't get that "homerun hire" (still a risk) I'd be good with MJ.  

I'm just ready to have fun again watching NU football.  Purdue was a great game tbh, if I wasn't  a husker fan.  I think Deion would make it fun.  I think he could recruit here.  The hype year 1, would be too much to ignore.

2 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

With UCLA, USC, Texas, and Oklahoma bolting their conferences, there have to be a LOT of talented HCs looking to jump from the (sinking) Pac 12 and Big 12 to one of the Big Money conferences. 

With Rutgers and Illinois currently a top the West, it seems like  a great conference to go into to win.....

6 minutes ago, lo country said:

Agree 100%.  But we still hired Frost.  Of course Deion at the NFL level......Point being, every coach on that list is a risk.  Recruiting issues, NIL, to most a new conference.  No way to know until we hire the guy and gets to work.  If we can't get that "homerun hire" (still a risk) I'd be good with MJ.  

I'm just ready to have fun again watching NU football.  Purdue was a great game tbh, if I wasn't  a husker fan.  I think Deion would make it fun.  I think he could recruit here.  The hype year 1, would be too much to ignore.

I wouldn't mind hiring Deion just to see what happens.  If it works out, great.  If it doesn't, we are already used to losing and will just be out more money.  

39 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

39 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Deion Sanders recruited a top player away from Alabama by convincing him to "play for his people" at an HBCU against other HBCUs. Doing that and playing against that competition has very little correlation to coaching a P5 team. There's no guarantee he can recruit anyone to Nebraska any better than another coach can.
Given the choice between Sanders and Joseph, I'm sticking with Joseph.

Do you think that Deion was the first coach to tell a top recruit they could change the trajectory by going to a hbcu? 

It made an impact because Deion Sanders is the one that said it. He's recruiting 5 and 4 stars to a city in the middle of a water crisis. I don't even have to mention their facilities. Your comment is laughable and speaks volumes as to why the Huskers have been free falling ever since the firing of Frank. 

Deion at Nebraska would be competing with Alabama for recruits. 

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, hunnit said:

Do you think that Deion was the first coach to tell a top recruit they could change the trajectory by going to a hbcu? 

It made an impact because Deion Sanders is the one that said it. He's recruiting 5 and 4 stars to a city in the middle of a water crisis. I don't even have to mention their facilities. Your comment is laughable and speaks volumes as to why the Huskers have been free falling ever since the firing of Frank. 

IIRC, he also had the first FCS class in the top 100.  247 has the 2022 class at 75 (composite 122). Currently has 8 4* or better on the roster. Looks like FCS only gets 63 schollies. Not bad.

https://thespun.com/college-football/deion-sanders-jackson-state-recruiting-class-ranking-transfers

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, hunnit said:

Your comment is laughable, whoever you are. He's recruiting to a concept that doesn't exist here. He'll probably get a gig in the southeast and most likely struggle against equal competition. Those schools have former players too.