Who should our next HC be?

Serious question, do you think Deion could bring that much of a recruiting push here that quickly.  Do you think Deion walks in to someones front room 5 star.  Someone who Alabame, Georgia, and USC are drooling over  And he say  Im bloody Deion Sanders, come to nebraska.  Do it for your people, or something like that.  Come to the middle of the country and we can win a natty.  Tell you what, i will buy a motorcycle if deion is our next coach.  I dont have a problem with deion i just dont think he has reason to go to the middle of no where to start over.  Thats just one guys opinion.  

7 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Serious question, do you think Deion could bring that much of a recruiting push here that quickly.  Do you think Deion walks in to someones front room 5 star.  Someone who Alabame, Georgia, and USC are drooling over  And he say  Im bloody Deion Sanders, come to nebraska.  Do it for your people, or something like that.  Come to the middle of the country and we can win a natty.  Tell you what, i will buy a motorcycle if deion is our next coach.  I dont have a problem with deion i just dont think he has reason to go to the middle of no where to start over.  Thats just one guys opinion.  

I certainly think he could pull DB recruits from those schools, yes.  Lock Down U.

• Plus1 1

The huskers are looking for a unicorn. We need a coach that can change the culture while staying true to the tradition but also fit into the current culture. The coach must also be one hell of a recruiter. We will not settle for mediocrity after 2 or 3 seasons at most we expect to be in the big 10 championship. If that isn't enough we also need a coach that fits the Nebraska image.

All you guys keep listing these mediocre coaches with barely above .500 records. Knowing you'll be calling for their head when they get here and do the samething or worse.

It's not the 90s and early 2000s anymore. The Huskers SUCK. Nobody wants to come here because we have unrealistic expectations. What kind of program fires coaches winning over 70% of their games? 

The Huskers need to hit a homerun. The two guys that have the best chance at doing that are urban meyer or Deion Sanders. If they hire anybody else we will be doing this same song and dance again in the next 4-5 years. Rise and repeat. I'm really sick of this crap. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 5
  • Fire 1
24 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Based on what?

The recruiting and attention alone to NU would put us into a different realm instantly. I like Mickey and really hope we retain him. But Deion makes us an instant destination and puts Nebraska back on national map. It would give us a big advantage to compete against the big dawgs of the B1G. Who wouldn’t want to see Prime take on USC and OSU!

Guaranteed prediction. We hire Mickey and it’s the 3rd headline on the NCAA section of ESPN “Huskers take interim tag off of Joseph”.

If we hire Sanders it is the #1 story in all of sports “Huskers go all in on Sanders, 3 ESPN Top 100 commit to Coach Prime”. It is the headline, Game Day comes, Big Noon comes, multiple national articles and attention to bring players to Lincoln. Especially if Joseph stays, this is a no brainer. I have no idea of Sanders interest but this is an opportunity to become relevant fast and with a focus on good development coaches there is a ton of momentum. College football is very much about who has the best players and this would allow us a lot of access to be in those discussions and get our fair share of top players. I’d also argue Deion is one of a small few who gives us a “national recruiting presence” and not relegate us to border states. We HAVE to have this as the B1G is essentially a national mini pro league. You need a dynamic leader to advocate for your program. Prime walks into a home and he is more well known than Kirby Smart, Lincoln Riley, and Ryan Day.  Instant advantage.

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, hunnit said:

The huskers are looking for a unicorn. We need a coach that can change the culture while staying true to the tradition but also fit into the current culture. The coach must also be one hell of a recruiter. We will not settle for mediocrity after 2 or 3 seasons at most we expect to be in the big 10 championship. If that isn't enough we also need a coach that fits the Nebraska image.

All you guys keep listing these mediocre coaches with barely above .500 records. Knowing you'll be calling for their head when they get here and do the samething or worse.

It's not the 90s and early 2000s anymore. The Huskers SUCK. Nobody wants to come here because we have unrealistic expectations. What kind of program fires coaches winning over 70% of their games? 

The Huskers need to hit a homerun. The two guys that have the best chance at doing that are urban meyer or Deion Sanders. If they hire anybody else we will be doing this same song and dance again in the next 4-5 years. Rise and repeat. I'm really sick of this crap. 

Steve is that you??? You need to stay down at Pitt oh wait I don’t think your there anymore either 

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, Hayseed said:

Deion Sanders recruited a top player away from Alabama by convincing him to "play for his people" at an HBCU against other HBCUs. Doing that and playing against that competition has very little correlation to coaching a P5 team. There's no guarantee he can recruit anyone to Nebraska any better than another coach can.
Given the choice between Sanders and Joseph, I'm sticking with Joseph.

Can't tell if this is sarcasm, trolling, or just one of the worst takes on this whole thread (which is saying a lot). Holy crap.

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, Hayseed said:

Your comment is laughable, whoever you are. He's recruiting to a concept that doesn't exist here. He'll probably get a gig in the southeast and most likely struggle against equal competition. Those schools have former players too.

Wow, you were being serious. That "concept" existed before and outside of Deion. Yet, Deion has been the first and only one who has been able to capitalize on it. Why? Because he's Deion f#&%ing Sanders. If you don't know that Deion would be an instant improvement to recruiting and that he's got a much better resume than Mickey, then you're probably not even worth arguing with. Do you live under a rock or something?

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, Stone Cold said:

Serious answer...ABSOLUTELY!

What would make anyone think otherwise? He's doing it at Jackson State, a crappy FCS school that hadn't had a winning record in a decade located in a 3rd world s#!thole of a city. Why wouldn't he be able to do it at a blue blood with our resources?

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, chamrocck said:

The recruiting and attention alone to NU would put us into a different realm instantly. I like Mickey and really hope we retain him. But Deion makes us an instant destination and puts Nebraska back on national map. It would give us a big advantage to compete against the big dawgs of the B1G. Who wouldn’t want to see Prime take on USC and OSU!

Guaranteed prediction. We hire Mickey and it’s the 3rd headline on the NCAA section of ESPN “Huskers take interim tag off of Joseph”.

If we hire Sanders it is the #1 story in all of sports “Huskers go all in on Sanders, 3 ESPN Top 100 commit to Coach Prime”. It is the headline, Game Day comes, Big Noon comes, multiple national articles and attention to bring players to Lincoln. Especially if Joseph stays, this is a no brainer. I have no idea of Sanders interest but this is an opportunity to become relevant fast and with a focus on good development coaches there is a ton of momentum. College football is very much about who has the best players and this would allow us a lot of access to be in those discussions and get our fair share of top players. I’d also argue Deion is one of a small few who gives us a “national recruiting presence” and not relegate us to border states. We HAVE to have this as the B1G is essentially a national mini pro league. You need a dynamic leader to advocate for your program. Prime walks into a home and he is more well known than Kirby Smart, Lincoln Riley, and Ryan Day.  Instant advantage.

This guy gets it ^

• Fire 1