Who should our next HC be?

12 minutes ago, hunnit said:

Deion Sanders will be the best hire since Frank Solich. 

The biggest complaints I've heard for years from die hard fans is we can't recruit and there needs to be a culture change. Deion Sanders answers both of those. If Deion can get a 5* to JSU what do you think he can get to Lincoln.

"Ochaun Mathis: Nebraska has 'a losing culture going on' that must be addressed"

https://youtu.be/XdlfEhR7jl8

"Jackson State coach Deion Sanders flipped the nation's No. 1 overall recruit Travis Hunter to JSU--from Sanders' alma mater, Florida State."

Nobody was screaming "we need power 5 experience" when Scott  got hired. Frost had ONE winning season and that was good enough for y'all.  How much power 5 experience did bo have?

Deion Sanders isn't proven but 17-12 Dave Aranda, with 2 full seasons of experience, is a smash hire. A 58% winning percentage ain't good enough for Nebraska. We all know that. This guy can't even recruit. 

I'm a big fan of the huskers but I can't watch these train wrecks every weekend. A cb gets 3 pi's in a quarter and doesn't get benched. Blown coverages, blown tackles, missed blocks, dropped passes, terrible passes it's just non stop disappointment. 

Great clip. Seems like he’d be a perfect fit to me.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
6 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Nebraska choosing to hire someone other than Deion Sanders will have very little to do with "guts."

It will, however, have a lot to do with his complete lack of Power 5 coaching experience.

I understand the enthusiasm for Deion. There's an argument to be made in relation to his qualities and what he's accomplishing. He just doesn't have any experience at this level. 

18 minutes ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

Not if they hire Mickey.

I think we all know the chances of them hiring Mickey are quite low at this point.

In Deion's case, his lack of P5 coaching experience (even as a coordinator) is a reasonable and glaring weakness in his resume. A lot of coaches say the right things and look good on camera until you ask them to beat Michigan on the road or Ohio State in a conference championship game. There isn't a lot of evidence to suggest Deion is qualified or capable of handling either of those challenges, but I look forward to seeing him get a shot at another division one school in the near future.

• Fire 1
4 hours ago, TonkaSker said:

Here are my tiers

image.png.e9ec8c3b979da24babea6eee67655d14.png

I like this approach.

I'd maybe bump DeBoer and Lewis up a spot. Include Matt Rhule and Dave Clawson (Tier II) and Jeff Grimes somewhere in there too probably IV. Also, Doeren in the mix somewhere. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Enhance said:

I think we all know the chances of them hiring Mickey are quite low at this point.

In Deion's case, his lack of P5 coaching experience (even as a coordinator) is a reasonable and glaring weakness in his resume. A lot of coaches say the right things and look good on camera until you ask them to beat Michigan on the road or Ohio State in a conference championship game. There isn't a lot of evidence to suggest Deion is qualified or capable of handling either of those challenges, but I look forward to seeing him get a shot at another division one school in the near future.

I think the experience thing is a weak excuse. Deions years of playing football at a high level winning Superbowls and national championships has to count for something.

• Plus1 1

Just now, hunnit said:

I think the experience thing is a weak excuse. Deions years of playing football at a high level winning Superbowls and national championships has to count for something.

Nobody said that, but there is a big difference between being an elite football player and being an elite Power 5 football coach. Nebraska is trying to find the latter.

He says nice things on camera and has had a couple of good seasons at a non-division one football school. It his genuinely hysterical that people are propping this up as evidence of why Nebraska should hire him. I like Deion the coach. I'd like to see him keep climbing the ranks, but there isn't much evidence he's ready OR prepared for a job like Nebraska.

Unless Nebraska fans want to keep winning the Off Season National Championship, then hell yeah, Deion is your dude.

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, hunnit said:

The best players tend to make the worst coaches because elite players are able to get by on their skill and athleticism, and aren't able to teach/coach ability to their players.  I am not saying this is a Deion problem, but success as a player hasn't shown to be an indicator for success as a coach.

• TBH 1
1 hour ago, hunnit said:

Deion Sanders will be the best hire since Frank Solich. 

The biggest complaints I've heard for years from die hard fans is we can't recruit and there needs to be a culture change. Deion Sanders answers both of those. If Deion can get a 5* to JSU what do you think he can get to Lincoln.

"Ochaun Mathis: Nebraska has 'a losing culture going on' that must be addressed"

https://youtu.be/XdlfEhR7jl8

"Jackson State coach Deion Sanders flipped the nation's No. 1 overall recruit Travis Hunter to JSU--from Sanders' alma mater, Florida State."

Nobody was screaming "we need power 5 experience" when Scott  got hired. Frost had ONE winning season and that was good enough for y'all.  How much power 5 experience did bo have?

Deion Sanders isn't proven but 17-12 Dave Aranda, with 2 full seasons of experience, is a smash hire. A 58% winning percentage ain't good enough for Nebraska. We all know that. This guy can't even recruit. 

I'm a big fan of the huskers but I can't watch these train wrecks every weekend. A cb gets 3 pi's in a quarter and doesn't get benched. Blown coverages, blown tackles, missed blocks, dropped passes, terrible passes it's just non stop disappointment. 

I said from the beginning that we need a big-name hire who can lure top talent to Lincoln, and was shot down and was told that recruiting and name value are overrated. It's shocking how many people are content with a safe, middle-of-the-road, lame duck, plain Jane vanilla hire who will never get them to the top of the mountain... content with being on the level of Iowa and Minnesota and Iowa State. How sad is that.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1