Should Erik Chinander be fired midseason

27 minutes ago, Undone said:

@ZRod: I found that clip of Chinander you mentioned (it was the Wednesday after the Northwestern loss). It'll start at the right time:

That's just some of the dumbest s*** you'll ever hear and really tells you almost everything you need to know about why QB's - even backup QB's - have picked apart his unit for over 3 of the 4+ years he's been here.

I mean maybe he just got caught tossing a word salad there in front of the mic's but holy s***...

I dunno, I think that's something a lot of defensive coaches say.  He certainly didn't make it up.  I want to say I've heard Wade Phillips say it.  And I want to say I heard it a lot from the Pelinis and Suh during that 2009 season.

38 minutes ago, Undone said:

@ZRod: I found that clip of Chinander you mentioned (it was the Wednesday after the Northwestern loss). It'll start at the right time:

That's just some of the dumbest s*** you'll ever hear and really tells you almost everything you need to know about why QB's - even backup QB's - have picked apart his unit for over 3 of the 4+ years he's been here.

I mean maybe he just got caught tossing a word salad there in front of the mic's but holy s***...

It would come as no surprise if Joseph dismisses Chinander fairly swiftly. Maybe he gets one shot to adjust.

Scott should've sent him packing.  

• Plus1 1

Is this even up for discussion. Chinander should start packing. In fact, if he had any decency or dignity, he would resign after Frost who protected him was fired. Having Georgia southern shove 642 yards down his defense’s throat should make him realize how useless he is. In fact, I would lose respect for Coach Joseph if he kept chin in his staff. Saturday’s game was national embarrassment. I still cannot believe how easy it was for a non-power 5 team to run all over our own turf while chin watched cluelessly. The guy is an embarrassment to black shirt defense. He should not be allowed to step foot on campus. I volunteer to pack his office for him.

• Plus1 1

10 hours ago, Mavric said:

I actually only got to watch the last few minutes.  I have it on DVR but haven't convinced myself that is necessary.  ;)

But considering they averaged over seven yards per play I'm guessing there weren't a lot of 3rd & longs.

The offense was fun to watch. The defense was (no hyperbole) the absolute worst performance I have ever seen, and we've seen a lot of garbage the last 20 years. Like, worse than the B1G championship game. The only reason the score wasn't that bad was because the O was scoring so well.

The f#&%ed up thing is the defense gets just 2 more stops and it's probably 56-31 in our favor.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I actually only got to watch the last few minutes.  I have it on DVR but haven't convinced myself that is necessary.  ;)

But considering they averaged over seven yards per play I'm guessing there weren't a lot of 3rd & longs.

You gotta see it...(I know you will!)  It was actually a fun and exciting game if you like offenses that move the ball pretty well.  The defense, not so much.  

If I were a betting man, I would take the odds that he doesn't make it though the season.  And likely not through the week.  Most of the other coaches that we have at this point have plenty of resume they would all land jobs, and probably decent ones at that.  I highly doubt Chins get's any major gig anytime soon though, certainly not as a DC.  

34 minutes ago, admo said:

You gotta see it...(I know you will!)  It was actually a fun and exciting game if you like offenses that move the ball pretty well.  The defense, not so much.  

If it hadn't been the Huskers it would have been one of the best games I watched yesterday.  Down to the wire...

2 hours ago, Hayseed said:

The girls loved him!

Haha.  I see what you did there!

1 hour ago, Undone said:

So, according to Erik if it's 2nd & 7 against a team that passes the ball...you don't bring a blitz?

Wow.

Nope.  You earn that with getting them in 3rd and 9.....Doesn't he know that's how you do that.  And giving up 5-6/carry I do not think we will have anyone in a position where we can actually blitz...

48 minutes ago, lo country said:

Nope.  You earn that with getting them in 3rd and 9.....Doesn't he know that's how you do that.  And giving up 5-6/carry I do not think we will have anyone in a position where we can actually blitz...

I don't get it either. I thought you could blitz a different guy every play to keep the QB nervous.

• Plus1 1