*** Official Rutgers Game Thread ***

Mavric

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Grant had 136 yards against Indiana

Those runs were not off tackle.  They were up the gut and tough runs.  Our line can't block, and calling for off tackle or outside the box runs isn't going to net any more yards than whats happening now.  Just keeping running him, he will jup cut and juke his way for yardage.  He had two runs to the outside tonight and was kept going sideways for little to no gain.  He is a straight line runner, and yes, he has not broken any 50 yard runs against Big 10 competition.  He looked tonight like we was getting worn down some. 

1 minute ago, Nebhawk said:

Those runs were not off tackle.  They were up the gut and tough runs.  Our line can't block, and calling for off tackle or outside the box runs isn't going to net any more yards than whats happening now.  Just keeping running him, he will jup cut and juke his way for yardage.  He had two runs to the outside tonight and was kept going sideways for little to no gain.  He is a straight line runner, and yes, he has not broken any 50 yard runs against Big 10 competition.  He looked tonight like we was getting worn down some. 

I am concerned about the number of touches he is getting, but there are no other backs after Ajay went down for the season. Grant will have an extra day of rest for Purdue, then a bye week before Illinois. 

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It is weird that Brandon Moore and Malcom Hartzog are making plays in the secondary when they were complete unknowns before last week. 

Yea it’s definitely intersecting that we’ve seen some immediate personnel changes. Seems pretty obvious that coaches weren’t on the same page in some aspects at least. 

Just now, Farms said:

Yea it’s definitely intersecting that we’ve seen some immediate personnel changes. Seems pretty obvious that coaches weren’t on the same page in some aspects at least. 

Frost clearly had favorites and was reluctant to ever hold any of them accountable. It was pretty clear with his bizarre pressers earlier this season whining about Rhamir not getting in. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Farms said:

I think it’s just coaches seeing things in practice and then thinking those guys are worth trying in the game. It’s hard for coaches to bench guys, but Busch didn’t have anything to lose with trying some new guys in the secondary. It’s good that the players are rewarding the coaches on their decisions. 

1 minute ago, olddominionhusker said:

Frost clearly had favorites and was reluctant to ever hold any of them accountable. It was pretty clear with his bizarre pressers earlier this season whining about Rhamir not getting in. 

On defense I think it was Chins that had favorites. I think they locked in on number ones and outside injury it was impossible to unseat them since practices weren't live action and they didn't tackle. Probable that moore Malcom and hatzog are not the senior athletes the others were, but are actually making the tackles in practice. How many of them are freshmen? They haven't had as long to forget how to tackle.

1 minute ago, Born N Bled Red said:

On defense I think it was Chins that had favorites. I think they locked in on number ones and outside injury it was impossible to unseat them since practices weren't live action and they didn't tackle. Probable that moore Malcom and hatzog are not the senior athletes the others were, but are actually making the tackles in practice. How many of them are freshmen? They haven't had as long to forget how to tackle.

True that. I just think of Chin and Frost as a two headed ogre of suck