Jake Peetz Won't be Nebraska's Quarterbacks Coach

HS_Coach_C

3 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I believe your short answer is wrong. That’s just the popular in some circles thing to say. I’ve been following the Huskers since the early 70’s and I can’t recall Jake Peetz at all. I actually think nobody thinks it was a good hire simply because he’s a former Husker.

I agree.  I've heard of him but never knew he went to Nebraska.  

1 hour ago, admo said:

I agree.  I've heard of him but never knew he went to Nebraska.  

My larger point was that I don’t believe there is a large fan contingent that is okay with any/all coach hires just because they’re a former Husker. I’ve seen that narrative pushed but I have yet to see the semi-knowledgeable fan that actually thinks it’s a qualification.

Just because everyone wanted Scott Frost when he was hired doesn’t mean it was solely based on him being a former Husker. 

• Plus1 2
14 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

My larger point was that I don’t believe there is a large fan contingent that is okay with any/all coach hires just because they’re a former Husker. I’ve seen that narrative pushed but I have yet to see the semi-knowledgeable fan that actually thinks it’s a qualification.

Just because everyone wanted Scott Frost when he was hired doesn’t mean it was solely based on him being a former Husker. 

Oh I agree totally and understood what you meant.  I feel the same.

PS.  Can we go light a stogie and sip some scotch tonight??!!  Maybe cook some ribeyes?!  There is hockey this evening - Oilers at Blackhawks chuckleshuffle

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Jake Peetz Won't be Nebraska's Quarterbacks Coach