2023 Spring Game - April 22 @ 1PM

11 hours ago, GSG said:

I could see Chadron, but not Chadron when they had Woodhead. He would've gone Melvin Gordon on our asses lol 

Melvin Gordon, man. He destroys my college team, then I had to sit here and watch him fumble every 3rd carry for a couple years in Denver.  Forget that guy.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
On 4/5/2023 at 10:45 AM, GSG said:

Hugh Freeze thinks spring games should be scrimmages against schools in your state for charity. Seems more interesting than watching a fake game

https://www.outkick.com/auburn-hugh-freeze-says-they-should-play-other-teams-for-spring-game/

I like it.

But only a matter of time until a coach is coming off a less than stellar season loses to an instate lower division school in the spring as is fired in April.

• Haha 1

Just now, Red Five said:

I like it.

But only a matter of time until a coach is coming off a less than stellar season loses to an instate lower division school in the spring as is fired in April.

So you're saying we should go with T-ball rules; no keeping score and no one gets their feelings hurt? lol  ;) 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, GSG said:

So you're saying we should go with T-ball rules; no keeping score and no one gets their feelings hurt? lol  ;) 

No. As a fan I like it.

But Freeze should be careful what he wishes for.  Auburn isn’t exactly known for their boosters being patient.  He could be coming off a 7-5 season, lose to UAB in the spring, then Auburn would s#!t can him.

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Red Five said:

No. As a fan I like it.

But Freeze should be careful what he wishes for.  Auburn isn’t exactly known for their boosters being patient.  He could be coming off a 7-5 season, lose to UAB in the spring, then Auburn would s#!t can him.

Now that would be hilarious :lol:

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

No. As a fan I like it.

Maybe that's his goal, I know it would have crossed my mind, to get that golden parachute buyout.  Auburn is the best at it (we are a close second :lol:)

18 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Okay, I am now thinking that 75K in attendance is in reach.

About 10 days let of sales and the weather is looking good.

just saw Colorado sold out their spring game.  Didn't look to see how many tickets that was or if its like hey we are selling 50k and they sold 50k tickets.  last I saw for Nebraska was 42k but that was last week.  

1 hour ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

just saw Colorado sold out their spring game.  Didn't look to see how many tickets that was or if its like hey we are selling 50k and they sold 50k tickets.  last I saw for Nebraska was 42k but that was last week.  

CU sold out their tickets not the stadium

1 hour ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I think NU said they have sold 62k now.