** 2023 Opponent Preview : Colorado (Game 2) **

TGHusker

4 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Considering they won 5 games the year before yes I'd say it's not crazy to say TCU is not a team that is deep enough to handle losing that many players

I honestly think they got lucky that Morris got hurt last year. He looked like dog s#!t most of the game; overthrows, underthrows, throwing way behind guys, late throws on the picks, etc 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, GSG said:

I honestly think they got lucky that Morris got hurt last year. He looked like dog s#!t most of the game; overthrows, underthrows, throwing way behind guys, late throws on the picks, etc 

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Duggan just had poise and made plays at the end of the game all last year when needed. Having Quentin Johnson probably helped though. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

I didn't watch the entire game but just watching the highlights I saw two teams with s#!tty defense playing.  CU's first td was a simple swing pass to rb and nobody was near him.  Then they throw a screen the rb takes to the house for like 60 yard after beating one guy.  The defense didn't look much better than TCU's.  I'll wait to pass real judgment until after their next game 

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, GSG said:

Read the context. Comparing Morris and Duggan RE: TCU not looking as good as last year. 

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I don’t know why you’re taking shots at TCU.  Sure they are not the national championship team from last year but they are still a very good ranked team that was a 20 point favorite.  CU went into their house and won the game and their offense looked like what I’d expect an OU offense to look like.  Give CU credit for doing something that if we did would be the biggest win in a decade. TCU would smash us and Minny both.

• TBH 1
Just now, chamrocck said:

I don’t know why you’re taking shots at TCU.  Sure they are not the national championship team from last year but the are still a very good ranked team that was a 20 point favorite.  CU went into their house and won the game and their offense looked like what I’d expect an OU offense to look like.  Give CU credit for doing something that if we did would be the biggest win in a decade. TCU would smash us and Minny both.

I don't care wtf you have to say. A-B conversation. C you next Tuesday

We have played 1 game against a decent opponent on the road and lost by 3. YES, there were some awful moments offensively. Criticisms are fair. More than the performance though, I think that we're just SICK of losing and while having been patient, it's wearing thin. We want RESULTS.

As for Colorado, kudos to them. While TCU probably isn't near the same team, it was a solid win on the road for the Buffaloes no less. 

We talk a lot about culture and how integral that is to success. For many of us we simply can't comprehend the piling on of the team in relation to their performance Thursday night. The disparaging commentaries toward players and all the rest of it that wouldn't be a part of a winning locker room. Yet, many do it quite loosely and pridefully no shame in it whatsoever. Don't think for a moment that it'll cease. It will only worsen. Those things always get exposed during hard times.

This is a quitters mentality. They have quit on the team after one game, given up truly powerless to exhibit any degree of poise. A minimum of self regulation. A minimum of reflection or self awareness.  Agreed, their opinions are't mine and perhaps not yours either. 

My friends, we have weaknesses. Various issues that aren't going to be resolved instantaneously. We should be *EXCITED* to play a worthy opponent in Colorado or any other. The more challenging, the better we'll be as a consequence. It's best we focus on our strengths and do what we can to win and, in the process go about the business of addressing our weaknesses, improving as much as we can. Break everything down. Channel the attention toward improving each individual segment. Make what *seems* impossible toward being probable. 

We've played one game and our road to greatness will require courage.

Finally a word on Jeff Sims. Maybe he's not your son or nephew or brother or friend or student or teammate. Perhaps your fine dragging him through the mud and projecting hate through his errors. All of the anger must be exacted on him for all of our hardship and failures over the course of the last many years and, perhaps even some of your own inadequacies. You don't want him to improve upon his vision, focus or making better decisions! You want to be right. You're willing to do anything in your power to not see him or anyone else that struggles succeed but fail. 

He's a young man that wants to do is best and to help deliver results that translate into wins. He's owned up to what he did wrong. Condemn him? No, you get to work on improving and encouraging each other as a TEAM with a winner's mindset does.  Keep your chin up son. Put your trust in the process not the critics. Lean on each other and your coaches. Bit by bit discover your best and demonstrate it. 

To those that object, whatever...There's nothing that can be done to change your outlook. I'm absolutely cool with that. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, chamrocck said:

Stop back tracking when getting called out. If Morris looks like dogsh!t as you say, what does that make our QB room? Sincere question.

Look guy, I don't really give a s#!t what you're trying to do here, so I'm gonna just let you off on this one. Obviously your education level is below average as you spelled shamrock with a C instead of an S and added an additional C later on. Maybe those are the only letters you know, idk, I don't really care. You really really want to insert yourself in a conversation you weren't involved in. Maybe you weren't hugged enough as a kid, idk, I don't care. Have a good night and may God have mercy on your poor poor soul. 

• Haha 3
  • TBH 2
3 minutes ago, GSG said:

Look guy, I don't really give a s#!t what you're trying to do here, so I'm gonna just let you off on this one. Obviously your education level is below average as you spelled shamrock with a C instead of an S and added an additional C later on. Maybe those are the only letters you know, idk, I don't really care. You really really want to insert yourself in a conversation you weren't involved in. Maybe you weren't hugged enough as a kid, idk, I don't care. Have a good night and may God have mercy on your poor poor soul. 

:rollin

• Haha 3
30 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

:rollin

Dude. Stop. You’re embarrassing yourself.

Two other people were talking about TCU and comparing their situation from one quarterback to another. Then you came in like a wrecking ball and dragged Nebraska and it’s quarterbacks into the discussion. You tried to change the discussion you jumped in the middle of and then acted like somebody else was doing you wrong. They weren’t. Sober up.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2