** 2023 Opponent Preview : Colorado (Game 2) **

TGHusker

2 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

I understand that aspect of it and from that angle it is smart. My thing is it could backfire imo. They have swagger when they are winning and proving the haters wrong. But what happens when the haters are right? How will they respond to getting whipped? They may be able to respond to the adversity, we will see. But imo the us against the world approach is a recipe for implosion. That being said, what do I know. I'm a random husker fan who has disdain for the buffaloes 

I'd say CU's comeback last night and then winning in double OT after losing their best player to a cheap shot was the definition of responding to adversity.

• Haha 2
  • TBH 1

3 hours ago, CyHawk said:

Yes indeed we do have plenty of problems on this side of the Missouri river. Misery loves company so it is always interesting to see how others "spin" reality to make a chitty team better in their minds than reality. Remember, we lived through allot of years when Nebraska was good and your fans looked down on us, so it is a bit refreshing to see the Huskers be so bad. For some reason, they just cannot shake the loser mentality.

To be fair, weve never stopped.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
45 minutes ago, HuskerX said:

Your perspective is a 180 from mine. Deion Sanders is the biggest difference-maker to hit major college football in the past 50+ years. Watch his recruiting class next year - just watch - it will be ranked NUMBER ONE.

Deion is already being mentioned as Nick Saban's eventual replacement at Alabama. And why shouldn't he be? Deion attracts TOP coaches and TOP players -- he is a talent-magnet.

The perspectives are different because one of them is coming from a Husker fan and the other is you.

• Plus1 4
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, HuskerX said:

I'd say CU's comeback last night and then winning in double OT after losing their best player to a cheap shot was the definition of responding to adversity.

They were playing Colorado State, the fact they had to come back in the first place says alot 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3

1 hour ago, HuskerX said:

I suppose you never saw the cheap shots and multiple uncalled penalties on Colorado. It’s not hard to respond to “adversity” when the refs are wearing your jerseys.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
5 hours ago, HuskerX said:

Your perspective is a 180 from mine. Deion Sanders is the biggest difference-maker to hit major college football in the past 50+ years. Watch his recruiting class next year - just watch - it will be ranked NUMBER ONE.

Deion is already being mentioned as Nick Saban's eventual replacement at Alabama. And why shouldn't he be? Deion attracts TOP coaches and TOP players -- he is a talent-magnet.

Dude…for next years class, they are currently ranked 76th with 8 commits. 

is that going to improve?  Yes. But no way is he going to have the # 1 class. 

You’re belief in the hype machine is 180 degrees from mine. 

Alabama is not going to hire Deon. Colorado is perfect for him because their s#!t fans don’t care about if their stud QB tries to poke other players eyes or the HC has zero respect for anyone but himself. 

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 3

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Dude…for next years class, they are currently ranked 76th with 8 commits. 

is that going to improve?  Yes. But no way is he going to have the # 1class. 

You’re belief in the hype machine is 180 degrees from mine. 

Alabama is not going to hire Deon. Colorado is perfect for him because their s#!t fans don’t care about if their stud QB tries to poke other players eyes or the HC has zero respect for anyone but himself. 

QB Sanders has some fight in him- great to see.

Coach Sanders has shown disrespect to nobody (if you have proof that shows otherwise, please post it here)

50 minutes ago, ZRod said:

The absolute irony of saying that Deon is the biggest game changer in 50 years and then mentioning Saben in the next paragraph.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952zeiorgu80fqjk58mu

4 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

They were playing Colorado State, the fact they had to come back in the first place says alot 

It happens to the best of teams. What you do when the unexpected occurs and your back’s up against the wall, reveals character and mettle.