SIGNED DE Greg McMullen

Nexus

Looks like the move to the B1G is paying off. Wonder if we would have landed him if we were still in the Big-12. I will be curious to see how our recruiting does in Texas the next few years. Seems that Mich never had a problem recruiting in Texas. I hope Nebraska can have the same type of success as they did, from here on out.

Welcome aboard Greg :thumbs:thumbs

GBR!!!

Heard on Husker nightly last night that his teammate who is the DE on the other side is coming with him on a visit in a couple weeks. LaTroy Lewis I think is his name. Couldn't find a profile in the recruiting section. Any way someone can set one up? Thanks.

Anyways, they say he's the real deal too. McMullen strongside DE, and LaTroy weakside with the speed.

Big, big pickup. Been waiting for a highly rated DE to come aboard, and McMullen finally does it for us.

Yeah for as good of Defensive minded coach and as many players that have been drafted it seems like we struggle to get high start guys on the line. It's a good thing Bo and company really understand the defense.

Hoban defensive end Greg McMullen commits to Nebraska

Archbishop Hoban defensive end Greg McMullen made an oral commitment to play at Nebraska in fall 2012.

The 6-5, 260-pound McMullen, ranked among the nation's top 100 players, said he visited the campus in Lincoln four times.

"It was just the overall feeling," said McMullen, who was credited with 55 tackles and 81/2 sacks for the Knights last season. "Coach [bo Pellini] talked academically as well as sports. You've got to be tuned in to your studies as well as your football."

McMullen, 17, said he was interested in pursuing studies in social services, business and possibly law school.

"I like to interact with people and you can tell I like to talk," he said.

He said interested schools included Notre Dame, Michigan, Michigan State and Oregon. Ohio State was in the mix, but McMullen was frank when it came to OSU's situation.

"It played into it," said McMullen. "I've got nothing against Ohio State. But right now there is a black cloud over their program. As a recruit, any kid wants to win championships and go to bowl games."

McMullen said there is the possibility he would sit out his freshman season as a redshirt. He had no problem with it.

"I already know there is a system in place," he said. "I'm not going to think I can go in there and tell them I'm going to play. If I get a role my first year, that's fine with me. If not, that's fine, too."