Westerkamp Determined to Prove Doubters Wrong

Mavric

I'd compare Westy to Julian Edelman as far as attributes go. Julian has seemed to have a pretty good career so far. ;) I'd love for him to end up on the Packers somehow.

Because they're both white? Westy doesn't thave the speed, quickness or the moves that Edelman has, that's a pretty terrible comparison. Amendola might be a decent comp, though.

Here's a thought. Is it possible that Westy and Rielly aren't being considered because of our QB play? I know that the NFL can "spot" talent, but it was probably hard when Westy was catching behind his back, getting laid out across the middle or Reilly diving for passes.... Probably is a knock on TA as a QB, but I wish I could find the stats for our guys for YAC (receiving) and YAC (after first contact). I am ASSuming it would be minimal. Also probably have a lower reception rate when trying to catch passes below them, behind them, in double/triple coverage etc......

Having watched NU for a while, Westy is one of the better guys I've seen. Reilly has the speed and size the NFL looks for. Might just be that "homer" NU fan, but both guys have potential at the next level IMO. Get a QB who can allow them to showcase their abilities at the Huskers pro day and we might see some changes in their draft "predictions/projections"......

I'll eat my hat if New England doesn't take one of these guys. Be it in the Draft or be it in UDFA.

likely you'll be eating your hat then. While I think these guys will get picked up and they could be a good fit in NE it's still a long shot to predict that one of these guys will end up on 1 of the 32 NFL teams

I'd compare Westy to Julian Edelman as far as attributes go. Julian has seemed to have a pretty good career so far. ;) I'd love for him to end up on the Packers somehow.

Because they're both white? Westy doesn't thave the speed, quickness or the moves that Edelman has, that's a pretty terrible comparison. Amendola might be a decent comp, though.

Guess that's your opinion as it had nothing to do with race. :facepalm:

Westerkamp

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 200

40 time: 4.5 seconds according to the link above.

Vertical: 40"

Edelman

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 200

40 times: 4.52 at the combine

Vertical: 36 1/2"

At first glance, you're wrong based on what you're saying. Clearly Westy has the same speed, the same size, the same UPS if not better, he has fantastic hands. Unfortunately we won't get to compare NFL combine numbers so it'll be interesting to see how things go with those numbers on down the line. Now if you want to say that Westy can't seem to get his hips engaged at times and seems stiff in that area then I might only agree with that assessment. And remember, we're comparing a soon to be rookie to a seasoned NFL veteran so of course he's not going to have some of the same development yet that Julian has.

Watch it and try to remember: