Riley is still our coach

Nebfanatic

To a kid who rushed in excitedly from chores to watch a#2 ranked NU take on a #1, OR 2 OR 3 ranked Big 8 Foe , to be SO EXCITED like OMG the National title is on the line!!!  We literally sat on the edge of our seats !!!

To have fallen this far.... and the hear people be like "I think we need a 3rd or fourth year to see about this guy.... opening up as a 6.5 point favorite over an UNRANKED big 10 team.....

OH HELL NO

• Plus1 1

Some of you would be well served to consider exactly who it is you are arguing with and ask yourself the honest question if you think anything you say will make any difference at all to that person. Seems like some want to argue for the sake of arguing. If the other person has shown no signs of looking at anything from another viewpoint, ever, why waste your time? 

• Plus1 2

16 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Lamest thing I hear..."wait for Riley to get his guys"

Like..the players that Bo recruited at DB or WR or Guard were playing soccer or cricket instead of football.  

With that said...NU better cover on Friday night...I just put my house on that bet.

I hope you are kidding. You would have to be batsh#t to wager more than a burger on this team after what we've seen so far. Virtually anything could happen.

• Plus1 2
34 minutes ago, El Diaco said:

Some of you would be well served to consider exactly who it is you are arguing with and ask yourself the honest question if you think anything you say will make any difference at all to that person. Seems like some want to argue for the sake of arguing. If the other person has shown no signs of looking at anything from another viewpoint, ever, why waste your time? 

I've developed what I refer to as my "2 post rule". I post one time, and only if needed a second time if I think I can be more clear. If we're not going to get anywhere in 2 posts, odds are slim that we ever were.

47 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

When they observe a vocal minority that blindly follows and they use this vocal minority and assign it as 'everyone' it is a logical fallacy (Hasty Generalization fallacy).

It pretty much makes the entire argument moot when they do this.

But in this case I'm not even seeing a minority that blindly follows - or even one poster blindly following.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I think Bo and his staff thought it was enough...I also think TO thought it was enough.

I came to believe that about Bo.  I remember a sideline reporter prior to the start of a game had spoke with Bo and reported that Bo had said something about he thought we were a 9 win program.  I was only half paying attention and I believe it was one of Bo's blowouts, maybe the 408 game.  I knew Bo needed to go after that since it didn't seem like the team cared to participate in that game.

1 hour ago, El Diaco said:

Excellent advice. 

Another thing to consider, rebutting is not always about changing the other posters mind.  Sometimes a counter response is, but a friendly reminder blatantly false, inaccurate, or exaggerated points won't go unchallenged.   Falsehoods stated often enough and left unchallenged, eventually become believed by some.

• Plus1 2

I am not against Riley as much as I am for us becoming a constant threat to win a division.  We are in year 3 of Riles and his domain. We are now reversed back to losing games we should win.  We are not competitive when it matters on national tv once again. 

I think that its time we stop with all the experiments in coaching hires and go home.  Go find that home town product to bring back the tradition.  I don't care about who that coach is right now.  Our next AD, must be that.  We can't keep hiring foreign people that don't know or bleed Husker red to rebuild this program.  It starts with hiring an AD with some Husker background.  All those fancy names out there, well they don't care about this more than just for the money that is involved.  Money can't fix this right now.  We have to have individuals that care first about the program, second about there financial log.  Eichorst thought that Riley could maintain 9 wins per year like BO, but have a better reputation.  He whiffed badly.  He is gone because of it.  FYI- as long as we fire coaches and hire them, we are going to compare them to one another.  So yes, Bo and Riley will forever be linked in Husker history.  Its hard not to compare them.