8 games left....How many of them do we win?

Hayseed

8 games left....How many of them do we win?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Feel free to elaborate on who you think we'll beat and why?

• 8-0
    • 7-1
    • 6-2
    • 5-3
    • 4-4
    • 3-5
    • 2-6
    • 1-7
    • 0-8

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/29/2017 at 04:59 AM

i voted 2-6 but i could see maybe 3-5. We aren't good, but i think Illinois and northwestern are teams we "should" beat.( I thought that about NI too.) Riley has a history of beating a highly ranked team, every once in a while though, so that could happen too.  I watched the Iowa/PSU game last night, after watching ours and i don't see us beating either of them.

2 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

The frustrating thing about it is that I'll bet Riley & staff coach the game of their lives and we somehow beat Penn State or Ohio State.

We beat Illinois, Minnesota and Northwestern.  Lose to Wisconsin, Purdue and Iowa. 

Minnesota looks pretty damn good......Penn State looks like a shaky #5 nationally, Ohio State looks like they'll beat our ass.

5 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

The frustrating thing about it is that I'll bet Riley & staff coach the game of their lives and we somehow beat Penn State or Ohio State.

We beat Illinois, Minnesota and Northwestern.  Lose to Wisconsin, Purdue and Iowa. 

That has always been the frustrating  thing about him...win a game you shouldn't and lose a bunch you shouldn't.

• Plus1 1

I think we should be able to beat Illinois.

Every other team will give our O-line issues with their front 7. (not saying Illinois front won't; it just won't be as difficult to handle them up front).

I thnik Purdue's front 7 looked (and has looked) pretty competitive, and that will cause us problems. I think it's a loss.

I think we find a way to beat NW at home; but fail to go to Minn and get a win.

I voted 3-5.  I think we can beat Illinois.  We will pick up two more wins somewhere.  Some of these teams are only 1 deep on the depth chart with good players.  I think that Northwestern, Purdue, and Minnesota on our schedule we will get two of those three.  Honestly, if not for injuries, I don't know afte Illini we win another game actually.  Lincoln is still Lincoln and that will affect some teams yet coming in.  Not many but some will play intimidated.

Even the thought of us changing QB's keeps me from picking more than 3 wins.  No matter who would be next, they haven't had the reps in practice like Tanner has had for the last 6 months.  

Call me crazy, but I think this team goes 5-3 the rest of the way. I think we're going to come out Friday and put together a decently solid performance. What that looks like on the scoreboard I'm not sure, but I think NU can and will win this game by 10-14 points. Something like 24-10 or 24-14. 

Then, it really comes down to how we play against Wisconsin. Crazier things have happened and we've played them well since HCMR has been here. Truth be told there's no reason we can't beat anyone on our schedule besides tOSU and PSU.