Bill Moos named AD

1 minute ago, ladyhawke said:

Thanks for sharing. I don't get the 'same personality as Mike Rikey' comparison though. This guy seems tough. Riley is kind of soft to me. Mr. Moos seems like someone who would play smashmouth football vs. Riley's 'finess' type of football. I also don't think the NU administration will let Riley stay not after the season we've had so far.  

Riley is like a fine leather loafer. I'm more of a steel toed Kodiak work boot. 

• Plus1 5

Just think, BM will hire a coach everyone loves and wants and with 100% fan support next year it will all miraculously turn around and we'll be on top of the football world again in no time!  We'll be singing kumbaya before Sirius is played for the tunnel walk and we can be one big happy family again.  Now where is that "sarcasm sign" ?

2 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

And Leach throws the ball way more than Langs does.  The "rush the ball" guy will hate Leach.  

Moos did bring in more donor money, but nothing compared to Pat Kilkenny.  All of those new facilities at Oregon are Kilkenny and not Moos.  Plus, basketball is terrible.  Baseball is terrible at WAZZU.  All they have is football, and as you mentioned, they are .500 with Leach.  

Well what I just read says he got Phil K to put 100 mil for the basketball arena.

GBR!!!

if we end up hiring Frost, I sure hope he is the solver and savior of all our problems like everyone seems to think on here. I mean, I do like the guy and think he would be a good hire. I just think a lot of people are a little more optimistic than I on believing he will come here and make us the next Alabama in the five years or less we will give this guy before we can him. Now that we are terrible we all say that we just want to consistantly win the west and go to the conference championship regularly. But let's be honest, unless he consitantly has only one or two losses a year, our fans won't be happy, just like with some of the other past coaches. I'm not quite sure that even if Saban was our head coach and Urban Meyer was an assistant coach that our program and its many challenges would be able to convert our program to the level of Alabama or Ohio State. But hey, I do like the thought of my future unborn children being able to see Nebraska compete again in ten or so years. Fingers crossed.... I just am not calling anyone our savior and don't expect one person to come in and do miracles. 

3 hours ago, Football Guy Bob said:

To be fair, it doesn’t matter who is the AD as long as their hires don’t suck and they are a good representative.

It helps if you don't fire a coach because players complain and/or hire head coaches with .500 career win percentages.