Bill Moos named AD

18 minutes ago, Kernal Corn said:

What if this Moos tells the fans to give Riley more time to turn it around? 

There was nothing in that presser today that was supportive of Riley. Everything was backhanded comments basically indicating he knows Riley sucks and doesn't even need time to make the choice. Get to Lincoln, get settled in, fire coach at season end, hire new coach. 

Bill talked with the leadership at Nebraska for over an hour last night and everyone was pissed off and angry. There is no way Riley is being retained. The only reason why Riley isn't fired today is because it's just another 5 games left. You are better off getting the coaching search started and then bull the trigger. 

1 minute ago, jessica0 said:

There was nothing in that presser today that was supportive of Riley. Everything was backhanded comments basically indicating he knows Riley sucks and doesn't even need time to make the choice. Get to Lincoln, get settled in, fire coach at season end, hire new coach. 

Bill talked with the leadership at Nebraska for over an hour last night and everyone was pissed off and angry. There is no way Riley is being retained. The only reason why Riley isn't fired today is because it's just another 5 games left. You are better off getting the coaching search started and then bull the trigger. 

Yep, that was his process at wazzu. He was down in Key West talking to Leach several weeks before the end of the season hashing out a deal, and pulled the trigger after the last regular season game. Said a lot of other schools were after Leach, but they got him.

"I am a football guy and think I still know quite a bit about it..."  I like the sound of that...

"The facilities and support are all in place, so we can jump right in to the competitiveness.."

When asked if he'd been interested in Nebraska he said "About 25 years!"

He sure says the right things.

Edited by grandpasknee

Honestly, I don't care about the AD. Just fire the guy that needs fired and at least interview the guy we want interviewed. Try to be cute and pull some name out of your drawer, then have your suitcase packed.

You only know the AD's name when a school's big revenue sport is doing bad. Somehow when that sport is doing well, so is the AD. Weird, huh.

17 minutes ago, Bad2theBONES said:

if we end up hiring Frost, I sure hope he is the solver and savior of all our problems like everyone seems to think on here

I do too, for his sake. I like him and want him to do well. But if he doesn't, you move on to someone else, knowing you took a risk that had a shot at a great payoff. What I don't want is some retread with a resume that has little chance of becoming the next big thing, because let's look at ourselves in the mirror honestly....we won't be happy unless we can make serious strides. It takes someone special to do that, and it takes someone willing to make risks to get that person. If this new AD just looks for safe picks with a long resume he'll fail.

The thing that is bugging me about this hire is why, why would Moos want to leave his alma mater at the age of 67 and jump into the cauldron at Nebraska? I don’t think he needs the money. Doesn’t strike me as the type of guy that needs to make a name for himself. I  can’t figure out what’s in it for him. Anybody got any sensical explanation?

2 minutes ago, BartonHusker said:

I think it's just a perfect storm with Frost.  He is one of us and I believe the hottest coaching candidate out there.  We are not going to find a better situation. 

Sure wish he was at UCF longer than he has been, hope we can still pry him away anyway. It's now or never and he very well could be the next great coach. One thing I will say is, I hope UCFs big turn around isn't an illusion. Not saying it is, but I do think UCF was perfectly primed for a turn around for the right guy. Frost was smart to go there, he has done wonders for his stock. 

1 minute ago, El Diaco said:

The thing that is bugging me about this hire is why, why would Moos want to leave his alma mater at the age of 67 and jump into the cauldron at Nebraska? I don’t think he needs the money. Doesn’t strike me as the type of guy that needs to make a name for himself. I  can’t figure out what’s in it for him. Anybody got any sensical explanation?

He thinks he we have great potential to be great again and he wants to engineer it? Bounds and Green are great salesmen? Maybe problems in Pullman behind the scenes...? Not sure man, I'm not sure.