** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, Warrior10 said:

I'm not sure he can get a better job than being the OC at a big name program, in a big name conference, under a coach who runs the same offense he specializes in. 

Where he probably won't call the plays. People have egos, it's a part of all of us. That's a pretty big hit to the ego.

• Plus1 1

57 minutes ago, FlipPhone said:

Chip took over a winning program and kept it winning.  Will he take a dumpster fire of a team and make winners?  Maybe.  But, he's not a fit here.  Sorry.  I guess i am one of the crazy ones.

Chip averaged 47 points per game as the head coach at Oregon. That is elite offense. 

Scott Frost is averaging 48 points per game this season (48.5555555555555) 

3 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Chip averaged 47 points per game as the head coach at Oregon. That is elite offense. 

Scott Frost is averaging 48 points per game this season (48.5555555555555) 

We get it, but the teams Oregon played against aren't the same teams UCF are playing against. Completely different level of teams. I am not saying his offense isn't good. I'm saying you're comparing apples to oranges a little bit. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I just hope we land Frost, because I don't see us accomplishing much with Matt Campbell (if he's our backup plan). Can someone explain to me what's so great about him?

Campbell needs another year at ISU to see if this season was just a fluke for them or if it's because he's a good coach. It sounds like he was a good coach at his last destination, but it's really hard to tell at this point. Too much of a gamble for me personally to go after him, Nebraska can't afford a gamble, this HAS to be a for sure bet or we just better hope we get lucky. 

• Plus1 2
21 minutes ago, brophog said:

Where he probably won't call the plays. People have egos, it's a part of all of us. That's a pretty big hit to the ego.

To be fair, Helfrich never called plays at Oregon. When Helfrich was the OC, Chip Kelly's called the plays. When Helfrich was promoted to head coach, he picked Frost as OC and let Frost call the plays.

4 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

We get it, but the teams Oregon played against aren't the same teams UCF are playing against. Completely different level of teams. I am not saying his offense isn't good. I'm saying you're comparing apples to oranges a little bit. 

yep, not intending to compare the two. Just listing what they are getting done based on their competition. 47 points per game against P5 is a heck of a lot more impressive than 48.6 against G5 competition. 

11 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Campbell needs another year at ISU to see if this season was just a fluke for them or if it's because he's a good coach. It sounds like he was a good coach at his last destination, but it's really hard to tell at this point. Too much of a gamble for me personally to go after him, Nebraska can't afford a gamble, this HAS to be a for sure bet or we just better hope we get lucky. 

There are no sure bets, just gambles worth the risk. 

• Plus1 1