** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

I don’t know the rules but I thought Nebraska was required to notify the NCAA and UCF to talk to Frost.  If true, I can’t imagine something like that would not get leaked to the press.

Riley and his staff will be fired.  Usually, the firing is held until the season is over.  Now the team looks so bad and it appears Riley, Diaco and others have lost the team.  I think the team could not do worse with no coaches in the next two games.  Morale is gone.  

Need to keep the fans energized arguing over who is the next coach followed by ripping the AD for spending so much money on the ola and new set of coaches.

i was demoralized when We had two 6&4 seasons decades ago and then Callahan- but this the worst football I can remember.

6 minutes ago, URSS said:

I don’t know the rules but I thought Nebraska was required to notify the NCAA and UCF to talk to Frost.  If true, I can’t imagine something like that would not get leaked to the press.

Riley and his staff will be fired.  Usually, the firing is held until the season is over.  Now the team looks so bad and it appears Riley, Diaco and others have lost the team.  I think the team could not do worse with no coaches in the next two games.  Morale is gone.  

Need to keep the fans energized arguing over who is the next coach followed by ripping the AD for spending so much money on the ola and new set of coaches.

i was demoralized when We had two 6&4 seasons decades ago and then Callahan- but this the worst football I can remember.

That isn't how it works. You don't have to ask for the school for permission to speak to a coach if you are speaking through the agent. You don't have to ask the AD to speak with the head coach either, but that is the accepted way it is done and is frowned upon when it isn't done that way. No AD will say you can't speak with their head coach. 

9 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

People actually think Scott Frost is going to stay at UCF when things look like this when you are undefeated in the middle of November? Obviously he will say all of the right things, but get real people. 

This is actually surprising. UCF has a pretty good marketing department because I thought Orlando was really starting to pick up on this football thing, and add their message board interest in Scott Frost, I would have thought UCF games would be a rather popular ticket.

17 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

This is actually surprising. UCF has a pretty good marketing department because I thought Orlando was really starting to pick up on this football thing, and add their message board interest in Scott Frost, I would have thought UCF games would be a rather popular ticket.

The UCF folks were calling each other out on the Rivals board for the poor attendance.  Apparently it was raining or did rain or something, but still.... looks bad.  Even they are now admitting to themselves that Frost has more than money reasons to move on after this season.

2 hours ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Hopefully it means something.

Just like I assume there are a pretty good amount of red and Nebraska fans attending UCF games, I'd like to see Nebraska fans sporting UCF gear this year vs Iowa in the last home game of the season.

I read this and went on Amazon and bought a UCF hoodie! Can't wait to sport this. 

• Plus1 1

Here is my Scott Frost Staff for 2018. 

HC- Scott Frost-

OC- Mark Helfrich- interesting turn of events, Scott trusts him and would not be a bad OC hire. If not Mark, I would go with Walters comes with him.

DC Eric Chinander- Great defensive mind who Scott trusts, this guy will make the Blackshirts play hard with Effort, no more excuses. 

Special Teams/Associate HC/LB Jovan Dewitt- really like this guy and would not be surprised if UCF tries to nab him as their next HC. 

Wr- Keith Williams- Walters gets HC at UCf or takes over as interim at least. Would not be surprised to see Ted Gilmore return as WR coach here if KW is not retained. 

OL- Greg Austin-Frost has high praise for him and loves his teaching style, if Frost is here Austin will return here too.

TE-  I'm going to go with a Nebraska guy here, but I don't know who. 

RB- Ryan Held- Nebraska guy who has his rb crew balling out.

QB- Mario Verduzco- Brings a wealth of experience to the QB position and can back it up with Milton playing well this year. 

DL- Mike Dawson (potentially Parella stays)- Coached at Oregon, Frost liked him to to bring him to UCF so he brings him to N as well. His D-Line plays tough, hard nosed football.

LB- Jovan Dewitt- same guy as above

DB- Donte Williams- might add recruiting coordinator to his name as well to bump his salary a bit. I think he and Chinander will work well together with their aggressive style. 

Thoughts?

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, HuskermanMike said:

HC- Scott Frost-

OC- Mark Helfrich- interesting turn of events, Scott trusts him and would not be a bad OC hire. If not Mark, I would go with Walters comes with him.

DC Eric Chinander- Great defensive mind who Scott trusts, this guy will make the Blackshirts play hard with Effort, no more excuses. 

Special Teams/Associate HC/LB Jovan Dewitt- really like this guy and would not be surprised if UCF tries to nab him as their next HC. 

Wr- Keith Williams- Walters gets HC at UCf or takes over as interim at least. Would not be surprised to see Ted Gilmore return as WR coach here if KW is not retained. 

OL- Greg Austin-Frost has high praise for him and loves his teaching style, if Frost is here Austin will return here too.

QB- Mario Verduzco- Brings a wealth of experience to the QB position and can back it up with Milton playing well this year. 

DL- Mike Dawson (potentially Parella stays)- Coached at Oregon, Frost liked him to to bring him to UCF so he brings him to N as well. His D-Line plays tough, hard nosed football.

DB- Donte Williams- might add recruiting coordinator to his name as well to bump his salary a bit. I think he and Chinander will work well together with their aggressive style. 

Thoughts?

I don't know much about most of the guys you listed ... But they look better than the current staff.

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

HC- Scott Frost-

Thoughts?

Frost comes back and this is your staff:

http://www.ucfknights.com/coaches.aspx?roster=201