** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

6 minutes ago, Landlord said:

W-L being the thing that matters most is very different from W-L being the only thing that matters.

TO going for 2 proves that wrong. He could have won a national championship if he kicked the extra point. Does winning a game mean more than winning a national championship? Or did winning the game outright and respecting the purity of the pursuit (in the victory, the action) mean more than winning a national championship by taking the easy way out and tying? 

Osborne said there was no guarantee they win a share of the championship if they tied.  That is why he went for the win

10 minutes ago, Landlord said:

W-L being the thing that matters most is very different from W-L being the only thing that matters.

TO going for 2 proves that wrong. He could have won a national championship if he kicked the extra point. Does winning a game mean more than winning a national championship? Or did winning the game outright and respecting the purity of the pursuit (in the victory, the action) mean more than winning a national championship by taking the easy way out and tying? 

There are millions of sentimental and philosophical reasons that that argument doesn't hold any water, and even if you ignore all of those, there are pragmatic reasons as well.

A 14-1 season where you lose early and win the national championship (Ohio State 2014) is better than a 14-1 season where you lose in the national championship game (Alabama 2016). But the W-L is the same???

A 10-3 season where you finish #3 in the nation with a Rose Bowl win (USC 2016) is better than a 10-3 season where you finish #11 in the nation, third in your division, and play in the Citrus Bowl (MIchigan 2015). The W-L is the same???

Who do you think is the better team? 10-0 UCF or or 8-2 Ohio State? Obviously the team with more wins, right?

TO went for 2, to win.  Plain and simple.  He didn't try to tie...he tried to win.

I think people (not saying you) are trying to say that losing by a little is better then losing by a lot and that success can be measured by those means.  I completely disagree.  Winning is wining and losing is losing.  Looking at the play off rankings, no one is looking at quality losses to seed the teams.  They are looking at quality wins....

I'm just tired of getting woodshedded by teams and people thinking that if we only lose to OSU by 14 next year thay's an improvement.  "Technically" it is, but at the end of the day it's not.  We still lose.  Same with Wisky.  We played them close in 2015 and 2016 and got beat by a lot in 2017...Guess what? Riley is 0-3 against them.  The record books won't have an "*" by the close losses.....It' just shows losses...

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

Osborne said there was no guarantee they win a share of the championship if they tied.  That is why he went for the win

The story I heard was he asked the players around them what they wanted to do because it was 'their team', they wanted to go, so he did. As a leader he took the ownership of the decisions result. 

20 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

I think I'll check this thread on Dec. 4th..

Don't be a quitter!  Let's try to get 150 page game day tomorrow......

To get the thread back on course, what's the latest odds on Frost.  The latest I can find is -150 on Frost to UF from Nov 10.......Nothing on him to NU ref odds......

Just now, jessica0 said:

Today sure has been a quiet day.

In this case, IMHO, no news is good news.......I'd like the known open programs i.e. UF and UT to go ahead a grab a guy not names Frost sooner than later.... 

I know what Moos has said publicly, but wonder if it hurts our chances that Riley is still coach, even though most everyone suspects he is gone.......

1 hour ago, jessica0 said:

Last week Kelly news broke out for UF. Here we are on late Friday afternoon and he still hasn't been hired. It doesn't take this long to vet, write contract, and hire if there were not other issues outstanding. I'm not buying this "vetting assistants" stuff Florida fans are pushing. I bet there is internal fighting and someone is winning to prevent this from being done already. 

Well....uhm...here we all are on the Nebraska board speculating on things that haven't happened and mistaking wishful thinking for evidence. 

• Plus1 6