How Did You Meet Your Wife?

The (very) abridged version... but it's still a pretty cool story.

I actually met my wife when I was about 7-8 (she's almost four years younger than me). Her mom was a PTA president at my elementary school before my mom became PTA president, so our parents were pretty familiar with one another but her and I had never met. I also knew her older brother pretty well because he was in the same grade as my older sister. Sadly, her dad passed away when she was four and I remember actually going to the wake and meeting her there.

Fast forward 16 years and she starts interning at my work, but I've totally forgotten about her family by this point. One day at work just before she's about to end her internship, she's telling me about her family and mentions her brother's name, and it all sort of just clicks in my head and I start to remember them. We started to grow close after this point, started dating a couple months later and then just got married this past June.

• Plus1 7
2 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

Just turned 26 and people around me are starting to get married left and right. I'm single but I'm curious- how did everyone meet their wife?

Ha!  I remember those days...Get ready as your friends start to hang out with you less and less...Not that they are being dicks but it will just be a huge change for them especially if they have kids.  Most of my friends were married off by that age and lives just flat out change.

Download Tinder and Bumble and enjoy your time my man!

Long story short, I met the girl I am with at a bar...during a Husker game...while she was on a date with another guy.

• Plus1 5
13 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

Just turned 26 and people around me are starting to get married left and right. I'm single but I'm curious- how did everyone meet their wife?

Not trying to be PC, but shouldn't this be meet your spouse? - Trying to help you before the women folk gets to you.

We were seniors and met for the first time in HS chemistry class.  She was a total mess - tried to light a bunsen burner with a pair of tongs (thought it was a spark lighter)  I tried to help her out as best as I could.   It was part of my assignment to help the students - because I was a senior at Nebraska and I was her student teacher.

We didn't see each other for two years after she graduated but ran into each other at a mall then started seeing each other

• Plus1 2

44 minutes ago, huKSer said:

Not trying to be PC, but shouldn't this be meet your spouse? - Trying to help you before the women folk gets to you.

We were seniors and met for the first time in HS chemistry class.  She was a total mess - tried to light a bunsen burner with a pair of tongs (thought it was a spark lighter)  I tried to help her out as best as I could.   It was part of my assignment to help the students - because I was a senior at Nebraska and I was her student teacher.

We didn't see each other for two years after she graduated but ran into each other at a mall then started seeing each other

az616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=419&h=531d95128

• Plus1 6
2 hours ago, huKSer said:

Boss Move!

15 hours ago, teachercd said:

Ha!  I remember those days...Get ready as your friends start to hang out with you less and less...Not that they are being dicks but it will just be a huge change for them especially if they have kids.  Most of my friends were married off by that age and lives just flat out change.

Download Tinder and Bumble and enjoy your time my man!

Long story short, I met the girl I am with at a bar...during a Husker game...while she was on a date with another guy.

Did she go home with you or did you just get her number? ;)

• Plus1 1

My wife's brother and I started freshman year of college the same year and we were in the same dorm so we knew of each other.  My future wife started the next year but her brother attended Mo Southern his sophomore year.  I would see her all that year but we didn't have mutual friends and never met. My junior year the brother was back and introduced me to his sister finally in October and by Christmas we were an item.  We just had our 44th anniversary last month.

• Plus1 4

Met my wife when we were about 14 years old where we both worked detassling corn. We attended different high schools. Started dating our junior year of HS and got married immediately following college at UNL. Recently celebrated 33rd wedding anniversary but it's really been more like 40 years since we started dating.

• Plus1 6

I met my wife in an MBA class when I lived in Los Angeles.  It was an evening class and sometimes we'd go out drinking afterwards with a bunch of friends.  And, well, one thing led to another...   :D  

On 7/29/2018 at 9:23 AM, huKSer said:

So you literally lit her fire? Sweet story 

• Plus1 2

Met my wife at a high school football game. I was a Senior and she was a Sophomore. It was cold as hell and I didn't bring any gloves, like a typical teenager, and she let me borrow hers for a little bit. I thought she was pretty cute, she thought the same thing about me and one thing led to another and we went out on a few dates and that was that. 20 years later and we're still together and she's still pretty cute. We're in a rough patch right now and hopefully we ride it out and come out on the other side stronger for it so this thread is a good reminder for me of our past and comes at a pretty good time. :thumbs 

• Plus1 4