Memorial Stadium Renovation

$450 million, I'm excited for this project but kind of sad at the same time. 

Right now at UNK they are cutting positions and degrees because of a $3-4 million shortfall. 

Would be nice if, for all the money the UNL athletic department makes that they could share a smidgen with the rest of the university system that might be struggling. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

There's a lot to like here, but my question is about the private money. 

Use that $225 million for NIL to buy players. Adding suites to the field, upgrading the bathrooms, and making the seats comfortable are all great but doesn't really mean much if fans show up to see bad football. 

Nebraska needs to buy better players.

Money isn’t a challenge for us with NIL, it’s convincing 16-18 year old kids and their families that the dumpster fire they’ve witnessed for 10 years is in the rear view mirror.

also worth noting- they don’t have the full funding secured at the moment for this- there’s actually a pretty sizable gap Trev and regents need to figure out if they truly do not want to tap into tax payer funds/university funds.  

stadium improvements are past the stage of needed. Fans and tradition aside, we are lagging behind many programs when it comes to gameday experience (ease of access to seats, concession quantity quality and diversity, ease of restroom access) hopefully these changes puts us back with the big dogs on giving fans a reason to go to a game as opposed to watching in the comfy confines of their own home 

• Plus1 2

45 minutes ago, Micheal said:

$450 million, I'm excited for this project but kind of sad at the same time. 

Right now at UNK they are cutting positions and degrees because of a $3-4 million shortfall. 

Would be nice if, for all the money the UNL athletic department makes that they could share a smidgen with the rest of the university system that might be struggling. 

I believe the athletic department actually does give money to the university, regardless football also pays the bills for almost all the other sports.

• Plus1 1