DL Carlon Jones [USC - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

22 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Jones commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, BaytownHusker said:

Would like to see how this kid fairs against bigger stronger kids. He plays in a pretty weak district now.  Could be a nice find though.

I get it. But what about our number one recruit right now and the competition he plays against? Saban even flew out to see him.

It makes no sense to hold that against the kid. He should be dominating the competition. Once he gets to the D1 level it is about getting them adjusted to the game and developing their game. This staff is more concerned about developing players and their abilities, not the competition. 

Mods must be snoozing cause he is N

• Mavric changed the title to DL Carlon Jones [Nebraska Commit]
  • Mavric pinned this topic

18 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

I get it. But what about our number one recruit right now and the competition he plays against? Saban even flew out to see him.

It makes no sense to hold that against the kid. He should be dominating the competition. Once he gets to the D1 level it is about getting them adjusted to the game and developing their game. This staff is more concerned about developing players and their abilities, not the competition. 

Mods must be snoozing cause he is N

I'm not hating or holding anything against him. Just made a statement that i would like to see how stacks up against  some bigger dudes this year.

Quick. Violent, strong tackler.  Thumbs up on his video.  I prefer DL to be strong and quick over huge bulky types. He attacks. He runs well. Good acceleration thru the tackle. A hitter.   Size can be a disadvantage in single RB plays.  He can sidestep and split gaps. He will get to the QB if he tries to run up between the tackles on scrambles. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to DL Carlon Jones
  • Mavric changed the title to DL Carlon Jones [USC - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic