** 2023 Opponent Preview : Maryland (Game 10) **

On 11/5/2023 at 9:51 PM, chamrocck said:

I guess I don’t get Peacock.  I went there on my TV and it wanted me to sign up.  So I can just do it on my TV and cancel?  Or do I have to download app on phone also?  

I’m with the grumpy crowd.  What’s up with this?  I don’t need an 800th app to sign up for and create a password to manage, etc. :lol:  All these steaming services are going to have to consolidate. It’s getting old pay $5.99 for this one, and $9.99 for this other one, and this next one is $12.99 but then you gotta add sports package.  Everything requires a separate app or subscription.  :boxosoap:throw

You can get it for a month and then cancel it.

I don't understand how so many people are so grumpy and pissy and frankly ungrateful about how good we have it these days. Do you not remember the days when plenty of games weren't televised at all, and 2-5 more were on expensive pay per view tickets?

In 2023 you can get 95% of Nebraska games broadcast available in one bundled package for much cheaper than the days of full price cable/satellite, and one time in the last ~15 years you have to spend $6 once to see one game? 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 3
10 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

I don't understand how so many people are so grumpy and pissy and frankly ungrateful about how good we have it these days. Do you not remember the days when plenty of games weren't televised at all, and 2-5 more were on expensive pay per view tickets?

In 2023 you can get 95% of Nebraska games broadcast available in one bundled package for much cheaper than the days of full price cable/satellite, and one time in the last ~15 years you have to spend $6 once to see one game? 

Because I have visions of inching back towards that.  And that totally sucked. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
2 hours ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

I would definitely pay 8 bucks to see this game lol.  8 bucks though?  That's crazy.

54 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

I don't understand how you can't grasp that this is a step back. Peacock isn't included on normal cable subscription or major TV streaming service.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 5
3 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

In 2023 you can get 95% of Nebraska games broadcast available in one bundled package for much cheaper than the days of full price cable/satellite, and one time in the last ~15 years you have to spend $6 once to see 

Grumpy, pissy, ungrateful about how good we have it ??  That sounds judgmental on your behalf.

Many people have thoughts and opinions and understand what you pay for today is not always worth the product or its value.  

Let me give you an example. 

In 2010 the Big Mac cost about $3.99 and today, the same burger costs $5.99 to $6.49.  In 2002 that same burger, with the same ingredients and same size was just under $2 bucks (1.99).  

Nothing changed with the hamburger, just the price of it. 

In your opinion, if people have an opinion about it and choose not to spend the money on it, vent or speak their mind, they are grumpy and pissy and ungrateful.  

Same price, same burger.  And some people don't want to pay for Peacock.  And their cool with that.  Hopefully you can be cool with that too and less judgmental.  :)  People are different.

How to make a McDonald's Big Mac with special sauce (the secret ...

PS. I still pay the 6 bucks for that sandwich, it's delicious, but it's not really worth more than 2 or 3 bucks if we are honest. 

44 minutes ago, admo said:

Grumpy, pissy, ungrateful about how good we have it ??  That sounds judgmental on your behalf.

Many people have thoughts and opinions and understand what you pay for today is not always worth the product or its value.  

Let me give you an example. 

In 2010 the Big Mac cost about $3.99 and today, the same burger costs $5.99 to $6.49.  In 2002 that same burger, with the same ingredients and same size was just under $2 bucks (1.99).  

Nothing changed with the hamburger, just the price of it. 

In your opinion, if people have an opinion about it and choose not to spend the money on it, vent or speak their mind, they are grumpy and pissy and ungrateful.  

Same price, same burger.  And some people don't want to pay for Peacock.  And their cool with that.  Hopefully you can be cool with that too and less judgmental.  :)  People are different.

How to make a McDonald's Big Mac with special sauce (the secret ...

PS. I still pay the 6 bucks for that sandwich, it's delicious, but it's not really worth more than 2 or 3 bucks if we are honest. 

I haven’t had a Big Mac in about 30 years and I wouldn’t spend $6 on that. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
27 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I haven’t had a Big Mac in about 30 years and I wouldn’t spend $6 on that. 

Which means I made my point :)

I'm going fishing Saturday morning and be back home to catch the game. Hope you enjoy the weekend in the mountains... That sounds fun too !  chuckleshuffle

4 hours ago, admo said:

The person I responded to said explicitly to count themselves in the grumpy crowd, which is who I'm referring to. If that isn't you, then I wasn't referring to you, and same goes for anyone else :)

13 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

I would definitely pay 8 bucks to see this game lol.  8 bucks though?  That's crazy.

The game is on opening day of deer season.   We have around 100k deer hunters in this state....  people are giving away tickets. 

• Haha 1
21 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

https://www.vividseats.com/nebraska-cornhuskers-football-tickets-nebraska-memorial-stadium-11-11-2023--sports-ncaa-football/production/4172156?wsUser=717&wsVar=us~college-football~gamepackage,en

$39 ea ---- Prime seat ---- Sideline 6 Row 47

GRAB IT !!!!

• Oh Yeah! 1