** 2023 Opponent Preview : Maryland (Game 10) **

12 minutes ago, Saunders said:

For a long time, Nebraska had 2-3 PPV only games per year. It was $50-$70 a pop, and they played the same 3 ads during every commercial break.

After watching that approximately 100 times a game… I’ll gladly take the $5 a month for peacock.

And honestly, you can also cancel the monthly fee for Peacock and only pay the $5 each time NU is shown on the site. 

• Plus1 1

84d9co.jpg.8c3b1e1aa8a11f1aa7461c826631fe97.jpgIt's not the cost, but the principle that peeves me. We all have so many dadgum subscriptions, cable/streaming/Amazon, Disney, etc. For what, 12, 13 years now we've had just about every game on TV, for no extra cost than what we're already paying for. I thought we were past that horsecrap once we got out of the Big XII. 

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go sign up for Peacock, like the frigging Husker simp that I am - but I promise to be a miserable lout about it the entire time.

I also have to go yell at these kids to get off my lawn...

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 3
51 minutes ago, El Straino said:

84d9co.jpg.8c3b1e1aa8a11f1aa7461c826631fe97.jpgIt's not the cost, but the principle that peeves me. We all have so many dadgum subscriptions, cable/streaming/Amazon, Disney, etc. For what, 12, 13 years now we've had just about every game on TV, for no extra cost than what we're already paying for. I thought we were past that horsecrap once we got out of the Big XII. 

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go sign up for Peacock, like the frigging Husker simp that I am - but I promise to be a miserable lout about it the entire time.

I also have to go yell at these kids to get off my lawn...

I'm just not going to watch that game. Hopefully the viewership will be so low that Peacock goes under.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I'm just not going to watch that game. Hopefully the viewership will be so low that Peacock goes under.

I'm more than tempted to go with this line of thinking. However, knowing our fanbase it will probably be the most successful stream for a college game for Peacock or something. I don't know. I couldn't tell ya what B1G games they've even done thus far...probably because ITS FRIGGIN PEACOCK!!

*Unintelligible angry old man noises*

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
28 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

You know it will be 1000% the opposite.

13 minutes ago, El Straino said:

I'm more than tempted to go with this line of thinking. However, knowing our fanbase it will probably be the most successful stream for a college game for Peacock or something. I don't know. I couldn't tell ya what B1G games they've even done thus far...probably because ITS FRIGGIN PEACOCK!!

*Unintelligible angry old man noises*

Yeppers.  Especially now that we are winning games again. 

• Haha 1