** 2023 Opponent Preview : Iowa (Game 12) **

O/U is down to 26.5 this morning. 

It's really tempting to take the over, because it would be just like one or both of these teams to have an improbable game. 

Iowa just locked up the West and may be coasting to its humiliating loss in the CCG and Nebraska finally found its quarterback. Huskers might be a good bet for this game. 

• TBH 1

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

O/U is down to 26.5 this morning. 

It's really tempting to take the over, because it would be just like one or both of these teams to have an improbable game. 

Iowa just locked up the West and may be coasting to its humiliating loss in the CCG and Nebraska finally found its quarterback. Huskers might be a good bet for this game. 

I don't think Iowa is going to coast, they are the last school that would do that.  They only play one way.  However, an improbable game means both teams scoring just 14ish points in this case, so while I have made money betting the under on them all year, I am taking the over on this one.  It is just too low, but I won't be shocked at all if we see a 9-5 final score. 

• TBH 1

I really think we lose this one. I don't feel good about the three loss skid we're on, whereas Iowa has won three in a row. They're just the better team on paper.

The one place they're usually susceptible is when your QB scrambles on them. They're just not built for that on defense. They're built to stop the run and they usually have surprisingly good corners.

I can't believe we actually ran toss plays against Wisconsin like we did. I've been wanting to see more of that all year. I hope we run a healthy dose of those and I hope that Purdy tucks it & scrambles after making two quick reads on pass plays/RPO's. Those are the keys to success - aside from not turning the ball over five times like we usually do.

31 minutes ago, Undone said:

I really think we lose this one. I don't feel good about the three loss skid we're on, whereas Iowa has won three in a row. They're just the better team on paper.

The one place they're usually susceptible is when your QB scrambles on them. They're just not built for that on defense. They're built to stop the run and they usually have surprisingly good corners.

I can't believe we actually ran toss plays against Wisconsin like we did. I've been wanting to see more of that all year. I hope we run a healthy dose of those and I hope that Purdy tucks it & scrambles after making two quick reads on pass plays/RPO's. Those are the keys to success - aside from not turning the ball over five times like we usually do.

Two things that give me hope.  Wisconsin beat us in large part two ways.

1). Their QB was able to hit some key passes when he needed them.

2). When those pass plays weren't there, he was able to squirm out of the pocket and get positive yards and  1st downs.

Iowa is really bad at both of those.  I can not imagine their QB scrambling for many yards.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Two things that give me hope.  Wisconsin beat us in large part two ways.

1). Their QB was able to hit some key passes when he needed them.

2). When those pass plays weren't there, he was able to squirm out of the pocket and get positive yards and  1st downs.

Iowa is really bad at both of those.  I can not imagine their QB scrambling for many yards.

Good assessment there.

Deacon Hill looks a biscuit away from 260. 

Oh wow - just looked it up and he's 6'3 258 !

You really don't see Quarterbacks today built with such a hefty midsection.  I gotta admit, I'm quite impressed !

And from looks of it, Deacon is definitely a good eater !!!  He can probably hang with the Offensive linemen for supper time I'm sure, and prolly some Husker fans too!

Wonder if Big Boy sneaks into Omaha for a few Runzas, with chili cheese fries to go.  

I know we hate their football team, but man Deacon reminds me of a tiny Jared Lorenzen (RIP) and it is sooo cool to see! 

Seriously I'm so impressed, pass me another plate of Turkey and gobs of potatoes n gravy!!!!!  Don't forget the cranberry sauce with cool whip!  chuckleshuffle

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fs.yimg.com%2Fny%2Fapi%2Fres%2F1.2%2Fgw_q9aJQpb5Fb1h_MIwOLA--%2FYXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjt3PTk2MDtoPTY0MA--%2Fhttps%3A%2F%2Fmedia.zenfs.com%2Fen%2Fhawkeyes_wire_usa_today_articles_405%2Ffafbfaffc1384cad06f0ac9e0276144c&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=0fa8a7d03e3f6adff94778a29a844c762fadf5d72d8d4bba08c7ceb53abf054e&ipo=images

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.si.com%2F.image%2Ft_share%2FMjAxMTc3MjMxMDIyNzYxNDk0%2F137a0897.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=f1906cec1afd4ba3172deb1c484751c60167f8cc7384e1b6262828f11ad89af0&ipo=images

Kentucky Wildcats Football: The 20 Most Beloved Figures in Team History ...

FAN REVIEW: Kentucky Fans––Pretty women, ugly football - Capstone Report

Lorenzen was one of my favorite college football quarterbacks of all-time.  Super strong arm, mobile, and a good eater.  May he rest in peace, and no disrespect to Deacon Hill, only appreciation!

Go Huskers!  Beat Iowa!!!  Gobble Gobble

• Oh Yeah! 1