Oregon & Washington to the B1G - Clemson & Florida State Next?

With all this craziness with conference realignments what happens to teams in the Sun-Belt, Mountain West or Conference USA?  Right now with how the PAC 10 is going they are barely hanging on for life so do they try and add teams from those conferences or eventually dissolve away?  Why was the PAC 10 tv deal so uninspiring?  Is it bc of the viewership of people that don't watch football out there that has to do with it or is it some other reason?  

12 hours ago, killer cacti said:

The SEC may care about what Florida thinks, but I doubt they give the slightest damn about what SC thinks. Florida is a founding member, SC is not.

If each president gets a vote, most teams are going to vote Clemson in...there's already multiple states with 2 teams (Alabama & Auburn, Ole Miss & Miss St, Texas & A&M, Tenn & Vandy) so why would those schools care if SC doesn't want Clemson in? 

Not sure how it works in the SEC, but in the B1G the vote has to be unanimous, so South Carolina could torpedo Clemson to the SEC by themselves if it works the same way.

• TBH 2
7 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

With all this craziness with conference realignments what happens to teams in the Sun-Belt, Mountain West or Conference USA?  Right now with how the PAC 10 is going they are barely hanging on for life so do they try and add teams from those conferences or eventually dissolve away?  Why was the PAC 10 tv deal so uninspiring?  Is it bc of the viewership of people that don't watch football out there that has to do with it or is it some other reason?  

I don't know.

I don't know.

I don't know.

And...

Spoiler

I don't know.

• Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 2

3 minutes ago, Fru said:

Wonder if they’ll get full member shares right away or if they’ll jerk em around for half a decade like Neb 

I don’t think the Big10 can renegotiate, so all 16 teams giving up 5 mil a year would give Oregon and Washington a 40 mil per year payout until the current contract is up. The 20 mil more than Apple +. I think USC and UCLA got full shares. 

• TBH 1

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I"m still a little bitter about that.  Didn't Rutgers come in as a full share right away?

No. I think Maryland did to pay down debt, but then lost full shares later on, and would build back up again.

7 minutes ago, nic said:

I don’t think the Big10 can renegotiate, so all 16 teams giving up 5 mil a year would give Oregon and Washington a 40 mil per year payout until the current contract is up. The 20 mil more than Apple +. I think USC and UCLA got full shares. 

I think they are coming in on a lesser share.

But I also think there could be a clause in the contract that changes the payout if the number of schools changes.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Oregon & Washington to the B1G - Clemson & Florida State Next?