Oregon & Washington to the B1G - Clemson & Florida State Next?

3 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

We've been slowly downsizing the stadium for a few years now, and are continuing to. Slow, incremental seat widening and they just added in actual chairback seats in the west balcony.

Then, pretty soon, Trev's gonna announce a massive stadium renovation project in the hundreds of millions. I haven't heard how the official plan ended up, but last I heard (from uncle who's a player alumni/booster) is that part of it is chopping off the top of south stadium and making a huge concourse area.

That could be awesome!  

Hopefully by then they’ll be selling beer.  Maybe make that a beer garden area (standing room only) and rope it off to keep out minors to keep the prudes happy.

If the Big 12 doesn't want them, I can't imagine the ACC or any other major conferences being interested. If they do get into one, it'll probably be on rather unfavorable terms.

• Haha 2
On 8/4/2023 at 6:13 PM, admo said:

The Big 12 (gotta Love them!) has been doing all they can to add competitive schools to the conference.  Football/Basketball/Baseball.  Cincinnati, BYU, Houston, Central Florida, Colorado).  They doing all they can since Texas and Oklahoma told them to f#&% off and head for the SEC.  So I really appreciate the Big 12 holding it together and keeping it balance.

And still, they feel like a group of G5 misfits :)  Nothing wrong with that!  Because right now, they are in better shape than whatever the Pac 12 is doing (as they implode) and to be honest, as long as the ACC remains the same - a few heavy weights at times, but that's it - I think the Big 12 is just as good of a conference.  Which isn't saying much for the ACC.  And the Pac 12 is technically out as a P5 conference (No USC, UCLA, Oregon, Washington). 

On 8/4/2023 at 6:44 PM, brophog said:

If things play out tonight the way it sounds, gotta tip your hat to the Big 12. They went from perceived dead to 16 members and despite no major brand value in football they'll have a very healthy TV contract.

At this point, the Big 12 seems to have accepted its status as a solid second-tier conference. And they might well have found a stable configuration now - it seems unlikely that the Big Ten and SEC will do any further poaching of their teams.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to the ACC - chances are they'll be the other second-tier conference going forward, but they're a lot less happy about it than the Big 12. And if adding more teams would help their situation, they probably just missed their best chance to do so...

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1