*** Official Minnesota Game Thread ***

Mavric

Two of the intriguing (Minnesota native) player story lines of the evening may involve:

• Minnesota's "Mr. Football" 2021, Emmitt Johnson, will be returning home and presumably playing before family and friends (always a motivator). He chose Nebraska and will be one of the Nebraska kickoff returners this evening - and Rhule has said he doesn't like to fair catch.

• The same goes for Omar Brown, from Minneapolis, who has had this game circled on his calendar for a while and is quietly playing with a chip on his shoulder for being overlooked by Minnesota. He's on the depth chart as the Cornhusker starting safety tonight.

• Oh Yeah! 2

42 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Please no….just play good sound football with no stupid coaching decisions.  

22 minutes ago, M.A. said:

What! No fake punts in the first quarter or with the lead...

How about power read option?

Are we just forgetting the patented onside kick while leading?

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think Rhule will play this game as close to the vest as long as possible.  Rhule may open things up if behind by 2 scores in the 2nd half, but I think Rhule is just trying to get the 4th quarter within 1 score, and see what happens in the 4th.

There will probably be mistakes by the players, but I don't think there will be glaring coaching decisions which will make us scratch our head.

That is my dream for this game and I agree, that’s how Rhule is going to play it. 

It’s going to be straight up football till maybe in the second half when he might need to gamble to win. 

• Plus1 1