** 2023 Game 2 "Expert" Picks: Nebraska at Colorado

Saunders

On 9/6/2023 at 3:16 PM, admo said:

Interesting theme riding into this game.

- Colorado is taking this game personal ("playing Nebraska")

- Nebraska has nothing to lose ("us against the world of Colorado")

Cannot wait  :)  GBR!

:snacks:

Oh no, that is one step away from Bo and "us against the world"

Get ready for some posters to meltdown! 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

We've been favored a lot in the Riley and Frost era and still managed to lose a good chunk of them.  Until we start winning consistently, I just assume Nebraska is going to lose against a Power 5 team. One gets less gut punch that way if they lose and more thankful if they win.  There is a lot riding on this game as a 0-2 start will be hard to bounce back from and make a bowl game.   There is little margin for error the rest of the season with a 0-2 start.

I hope we put half a hunerd (Barry Switzer talk) on these clowns. All these hype is driving me nuts. I am a huge Deion fan, but he isn't playing the game. It will take one hit to Colorado's QB1 and he will get rattled. Then they will come crashing back to reality. 

Huskers win!! 

GBR!!!

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 2
5 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Trying to be trendy much? Alabama will take care of Texas this year and by a wide margin I would guess. Has Bama ever lost back to back seasons to the same regular season opponent under Saban?

Well tbf Alabama beat them last year. It just felt like a win for Texas because they had a shot at it. Bama is however like 34-1 at home or something like that in their last 35 games and that one loss is to the 2019 LSU tigers. 

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Trying to be trendy much? Alabama will take care of Texas this year and by a wide margin I would guess. Has Bama ever lost back to back seasons to the same regular season opponent under Saban?

They beat Texas last year at Texas...It was close

This year it is at Bama and Bama is going to roll.

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Well tbf Alabama beat them last year. It just felt like a win for Texas because they had a shot at it. Bama is however like 34-1 at home or something like that in their last 35 games and that one loss is to the 2019 LSU tigers. 

6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

They beat Texas last year at Texas...It was close

This year it is at Bama and Bama is going to roll.

:facepalm: should have checked myself there lol but yea no way Bama is losing imo 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

:facepalm: should have checked myself there lol but yea no way Bama is losing imo 

See that is my thinking as well.

At home vs a team that almost had them beat last year, with people counting Bama out???

This is going to be one of those 30-13 games that is not even that close.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

Two of the sports talk shows I was listening too yesterday had their experts take Nebraska (and the points). These weren't sports pundits, they were professional bettors offering wagering advice.  From what I've read, I'm wondering if there's motivation to draw some of that 80% Colorado money to Nebraska in order to protect the betting houses. Or maybe they do really like the bet. 

49 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Two of the sports talk shows I was listening too yesterday had their experts take Nebraska (and the points). These weren't sports pundits, they were professional bettors offering wagering advice.  From what I've read, I'm wondering if there's motivation to draw some of that 80% Colorado money to Nebraska in order to protect the betting houses. Or maybe they do really like the bet. 

Seems like the public money is on Colorado, especially after last week's win over TCU.  I haven't heard where the sharps are putting their money.

7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Seems like the public money is on Colorado, especially after last week's win over TCU.  I haven't heard where the sharps are putting their money.

If the public money is on CU and the line isn't moving (or actually moving towards NU), then that says the sharps are on NU.

Also, the larger bets (I would assume sharps) are on NU.

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 2
  • TBH 1