*** Official Colorado Game Thread ***

Mavric

Just now, BigRedRig said:

I would buy one of those!  

It's my wife's jersey she got years ago when Nebraska was the team. She works at Texas A&M and was going to wear it to work when Nebraska played A&M. She ended up hanging up in her work station. She want part from them. LOL!! We both went to Sam Houston State.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, huskerfan74 said:

Our players body language when we get blow out is disturbing. They do not seem to be phased by losing. They are smiling and acting as if they won the game. I am not sure if this is a generational thing or just us getting accustomed to being the Kansas of old. It is sad and I do not see Rhule changing that.

Neither the team or Rhule acted like they really gave a chit. The players are used to losing and are fine with it and Rhule gets at least 4 years worth of big paychecks. Tough to build when you establish that losing is OK.

3 hours ago, Undone said:

I understood this after watching his film back in March.

Our old guard has an obsession with rolling out a running QB and a power offense. Ruining us right now.

Matt Rhule is buddies with Geoff Collins. The only reason Jeff Sims is at Nebraska is because of that relationship. Geoff thought the world of Sims. Hell, the only reason Geoff Collins is not on staff at Nebraska is because Mrs. Collins put her foot down and refuses to leave Atlanta.

For every Tech fan, we love everyone single one of the turnovers he is committing right now - it is therapeutic for us. But I do understand the pain and absolute "WTF" moments you all are experiencing.

Take aways. Start with the less obvious- 1) Against Minnesota we struggled in the defensive line in the first half, Ty Robinson got ejected and the dline looked much better in the second. Against Colorado, the Dline looked great in the first half, Ty Robinson came in for the second half and it looked worse. Lenhardt would be the the starter. 

2) Simms should be benched period. I don't care if he has 3 wow moments a game * he's had 3 in 2 games in my opinion* his inability to protect the ball outweighs that. I would much rather have someone incapable wow moments who protects the ball period. Last year's Iowa offense that couldn't score to save their lives, but also allowed the team the opportunity to punt and kick field goals would have won this game. Sims can be wildcat qb period, if that. 

3) I'm so God damn sick of refs screwing Nebraska constantly. Stupid reviews to disrupt offensive flow, flags thrown on NU that aren't thrown against the other team for doing the same or worse, and how the hell is holding only a thing if a Nebraska player does it? Uncalled roughing the kicker, the unsportsmanlike call on the NU sidelines, the holding call where the Colorado player was falling and the Oline tripped over top of them, the uncalled late hit on Haarberg that knocked his helmet off, it goes on and on. Just call a fair DUCKING game. 

4) WRs are blocking better, catching worse.

5) Satterfield might be a worse playcaller than Brian Ferentz.

6) Raiola, Satterfield and Sims better have resumes ready. 

• Fire 1
24 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Take aways. Start with the less obvious- 1) Against Minnesota we struggled in the defensive line in the first half, Ty Robinson got ejected and the dline looked much better in the second. Against Colorado, the Dline looked great in the first half, Ty Robinson came in for the second half and it looked worse. Lenhardt would be the the starter. 

2) Simms should be benched period. I don't care if he has 3 wow moments a game * he's had 3 in 2 games in my opinion* his inability to protect the ball outweighs that. I would much rather have someone incapable wow moments who protects the ball period. Last year's Iowa offense that couldn't score to save their lives, but also allowed the team the opportunity to punt and kick field goals would have won this game. Sims can be wildcat qb period, if that. 

3) I'm so God damn sick of refs screwing Nebraska constantly. Stupid reviews to disrupt offensive flow, flags thrown on NU that aren't thrown against the other team for doing the same or worse, and how the hell is holding only a thing if a Nebraska player does it? Uncalled roughing the kicker, the unsportsmanlike call on the NU sidelines, the holding call where the Colorado player was falling and the Oline tripped over top of them, the uncalled late hit on Haarberg that knocked his helmet off, it goes on and on. Just call a fair DUCKING game. 

4) WRs are blocking better, catching worse.

5) Satterfield might be a worse playcaller than Brian Ferentz.

6) Raiola, Satterfield and Sims better have resumes ready. 

I don't think "turnover machine" works well in a resume, but apparently our coaches don't look at resumes so he might be ok.