*** Official Colorado Game Thread ***

Mavric

8 hours ago, Husker_luver said:

I mean I’m not gonna judge the other 2 too hard for that one sorta possession but I do think if there was a better option than Sims he wouldn’t have been starting the second half.

If neither QB is better than Sims, all three need to be processed out next year.   Zero reason to keep them around if they can’t bear out a guy with Sims’ turnover to touchdown ratio.  

• Fire 1
  • TBH 6

8 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

If neither QB is better than Sims, all three need to be processed out next year.   Zero reason to keep them around if they can’t bear out a guy with Sims’ turnover to touchdown ratio.  

This is a good point.  If we have scholly players that are basically useless why are they even here?

I think year 1 is explainable, but not next year.

• Plus1 2
10 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Yeah man how could HH be that much worse. Like what is he even doing here. The fact that Rhule said there was no discussion of replacing Sims at the half is really concerning for a number of reasons. It was unfair to a D that was playing their tail off. It was probably unfair to Sims to continue to allow him to fail on such a catastrophic level as well

• TBH 1
  • 1 month later...

10 minutes ago, Kayvan said:

Really enjoyed the Stanford game tonight. Biggest comeback in Cardinal program history. Shut out in the first half and wins a shootout.

I watched the first two touchdowns, then checked the halftime score and saw 29-0.. and I was like damn ok. So glad I checked the score with 5 mins left in the 4th. What a game! 

or what some of us have been saying all along. Colorado had a ton of amp and energy those first few games, but that schtick only works for so long, and now look what has happened.  1-3 since then.  Stanford was their last winnable game.

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 2

13 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

Why? What about Stanford’s QB and OL do you honestly think Sat is working with at NU?

Previously 1-4 Stanford? The same one who lost to Sacramento state? Stanford has been horrible. They dropped a whopping 10 points on USC. Famously known for their defense. They are bad. 

Just now, Decked said:

1-4 Stanford? The same one who lost to Sacramento state? Stanford has been horrible. 

you perhaps are thinking of 10 years ago. 

Still compare their scheme, QB and OL to NU. Forget records because you are comparing apples and oranges. The Blackshirts are 25th in total D where as Stanford is 124th in total D. Stanford is 83rd in total O and NU is 103rd. Stanford threw it 45 times for 394 yards in this game after falling behind 29 to 0, that NEVER happened in the NU-CU game because it was a 1 score game until mid/late 4th quarter. Not to mention that CU committed 17 penalties in the game vs Stanford. Basically Stanford went air raid for the 2nd half because they were down 29-0 at halftime and had no choice.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I think we should just fire the OC every year till we get the offense we want. 

Because what you see in the first few games tells you all you need to know about what you have in the future. 

The sample size agrees. He is big not good. Bringing him & retaining Donnie was a bad idea. We will see when he is gone next year