Matt Rhule sucks

Husker816

Eh, my desire to throw a pie in Coach Rhule's face is tempered a bit, at this point anyway, by seeing his 1 win and 2 win records in his first years at Temple and Baylor.  He did fine after that, as we know.

This time, though, he's trying to fire up an old rusted out locomotive that has tons of dead weight behind it.  So, even if he's successful at getting it moving it's going to be very very slow going.  I guess it's a a five year plan. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

49 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

It was actually your post.  And you are right.  It's still no better.

Continue to deflect from your bad take.  

Just to refresh everyone’s memory.  Take us through what you’d have Sat do to stop Sims from dropping a snap(s).  Or what work you’d encourage for him to stop throwing directly to the other team.

How would you coach him up to correct the errors?  Or you want to continue to focus on a typo?

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, Hagg said:

Eh, my desire to throw a pie in Coach Rhule's face is tempered a bit, at this point anyway, by seeing his 1 win and 2 win records in his first years at Temple and Baylor.  He did fine after that, as we know.

This time, though, he's trying to fire up an old rusted out locomotive that has tons of dead weight behind it.  So, even if he's successful at getting it moving it's going to be very very slow going.  I guess it's a a five year plan. 

How do you have faith he’s going to be able to do the same here based on the decisions he’s made so far here and the product he’s fielded?

Also do you really think this fan base is willing to have the patience and faith to endure more losing seasons just hoping it will get better? That sounds like the Frost regime… By what year is it no longer acceptable to have a losing season with Rhule? Just as a reminder Deion is likely to have a winning season his first year with CU - a program that was in an even worse situation than we were in.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

Also what about Rhule tenure at Temple was so great? You could argue Al Golden built that program to consistent 9-win seasons, then after one Addazzio (not sure if I spelled his name right but am too lazy to google), Rhule came in, wrecked the program for two years and then brought it back to where it was with Golden (granted with 1-2 more wins a season).

And his year at Baylor seems like a flash-in-pan. One good year in a bad conference. Baylor didn’t beat a ranked team that whole year. Then he cashed in his chips at the most opportune time, got a huge NFL deal and failed there.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 1
2 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Continue to deflect from your bad take.  

Just to refresh everyone’s memory.  Take us through what you’d have Sat do to stop Sims from dropping a snap(s).  Or what work you’d encourage for him to stop throwing directly to the other team.

How would you coach him up to correct the errors?  Or you want to continue to focus on a typo?

Why?  I’m not paid to do fix quarterbacks.  But, I can see when those who are didn’t get the job done.   Maybe he’ll turn it around, but I have my doubts.   

1 hour ago, corncraze said:

How do you have faith he’s going to be able to do the same here based on the decisions he’s made so far here and the product he’s fielded?

I don't know how to answer that, because I'm not a college football coach.  And neither are you.  Well, maybe you are;  please post your college football coaching national championships and stuff because I could be wrong about you. 

3 hours ago, Hagg said:

And I'm sure there were a few folks on the Titanic that thought it was gonna be ok...

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, walksalone said:

And I'm sure there were a few folks on the Titanic that thought it was gonna be ok...

Good point I guess.  Analogies can be distracting, but that one seems pretty close:  That ship is at the bottom of the ocean and we are at the bottom of our schnapps bottles. 

• Fire 1
3 minutes ago, Hagg said:

Good point I guess.  Analogies can be distracting, but that one seems pretty close:  That ship is at the bottom of the ocean and we are at the bottom of our schnapps bottles. 

I just can't buy in that this is gonna improve, and him sticking with Sims starting the second half might have shown me what I needed to know.