What did we learn? Colorado edition

18 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Big difference between Sims being hit right in the hands and dropping it, versus Cam throwing it 3 yards to the right of Adrian or at his feet.  

If it's anywhere near his hands, it's the QBs fault. 

So move him under center more ?

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, soup said:

So unpopular take here. Sims fumbles are not necessarily his fault. They are the lines fault. It was a silent count most of the game which is controlled by the line.  And their timing was off multiple times. (I would be willing to give the first one to Sims but it wasn’t a great snap)

I seem to remember a certain center that was rolled for bad snaps and causing Adrian to fumble. Very few of those were tagged to Martinez and rightly left at the feet of the bad snap. 

Eh, unpopular and a stretch to say the least. Both snaps hit him right in the hands. Even worse, sims effort to try and recover them (particularly the first one) was embarrassing. He didn’t even try and dive, rather reach down and try and grab it with not much urgency. 

the timing was def an issue bringing the guy in motion and snapping right into him or right before the wide out crossed the qb. This 100% is a gap/disconnect in timing between center and qb.

cam was launching snaps a yard over 2AMs head and a yard or two to his left or right. Big difference between the 2

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

26 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

I learned more than ever, the sanders are going to use whatever they can to push there narrative.  And problem is there going to drag anyone along that gets them to where they want to be.

Yeah, I always want to like Deon but he's just so scummy it's not possible. I'm always trying to figure out why I loved Ali and hate Sanders when they're personalities are so similar.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, BigRedRig said:

That some Husker fans don’t appreciate that 8 sacks on a top 25 team that is the talk of the nation is vast defensive improvement. 

My favorite young player right now is Cam Lenhardt, he's the brightest spot on the team at the moment in my opinion. The progress on defense is a nice surprise.  Once we get past Michigan, the defense should hold it together enough for Nebraska to stay in most games. 

However, the issues on offense are so numerous it's seemingly impossible to fix. Let's hope Nebraska can get 4 wins and hit the transfer portal hard for a QB, WR, and OL.

• Plus1 2
9 hours ago, BigRedRig said:

That some Husker fans don’t appreciate that 8 sacks on a top 25 team that is the talk of the nation is vast defensive improvement. 

The other one is the vast improvement in run blocking. Pass pro is still sketchy, but the difference is night and day on rushing plays. We have 2 RBs averaging 5.4 ypc, and so is the QB!

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

28 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I don't feel like run blocking has been better.  They still have guys in the backfield on just about every run play.  

Colorado was selling out on the run with everyone at the line in each gap early. That is why counters were hitting with a hole big enough for a truck to drive through.

• Fire 1
  • TBH 2
23 minutes ago, deedsker said:

Colorado was selling out on the run with everyone at the line in each gap early. That is why counters were hitting with a hole big enough for a truck to drive through.

MN also had guys in the back field.  Gabe's long run he bounced off a guy who hit him as soon as he had the ball.  I'm not saying they haven't had plays where they have blocked well I"m just saying overall I haven't seen that much improvement.  A little more push at times.  I've seen multiple times already we let a guy go unblocked so the lineman can get to the second level but they go to the second level and don't block anyone.  Have also seen where they are trying to set up a block and take a bad angle and barely touch the defender.  I do feel like they will get better as the season goes on tho.  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
29 minutes ago, deedsker said:

And in short yardage situations Satt calls straight up dive and we get stuffed.

The QB keeper on the zone read would have been there all game with how hard they were crashing on the first action. 

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, FrankWheeler said:

And in short yardage situations Satt calls straight up dive and we get stuffed.

The QB keeper on the zone read would have been there all game with how hard they were crashing on the first action. 

yeah Sim made a bad read on one with Rahmir.  he gave it and the middle of the field was completely open.  I think Johnson got tackled for like a 12 yard loss

• Fire 2