Triaging the QB room

Scarlet

1 minute ago, thatguy said:

The idea that he gives you the best chance to win is not based in reality. It’s baseless. There is absolutely no evidence to show that. All the evidence points to is the fact that he’s the most athletic player in the qb room. That’s it. He gives you the best chance to torpedo your team’s confidence and momentum, based on evidence. 
yea teams may load the box against HH, but all they have to do against sims is be in base defense and wait for him to throw a pick or drop the ball. Here’s a list of things sims has shown he cannot do:

- throw accurately beyond 15 yards

- handle a snap in crunch time , critical moments

- go through progressions

- look off a safety 

- improvise under pressure 

- handle motions and snap counts together

anyone with these qualities should not be handling snaps at a p5 program in the big ten. 

Settle down brother.  It’s a message board.  We clearly have different realities.

They absolutely are not in the Minny game without his legs.  He also played a huge role in losing the game.

You listed everything he does wrong.  You’re delusional if you ignore that he’s physically gifted.

I think Sims is the reason we are 0-2.  They’d also be 0-2 without him because there’s no one else.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

How about we prioritize a culture of accountability consistent across the entire team?  

Grant fumbles - benched an entire.  

Sims gives the ball away like Halloween candy - "we didn't;t even think about removing Sims."

If Sims just jumps on the ball the game is different..  he both dropped snaps in his hand and then lost it.  Just fall on it and punt.  

3 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

How about we prioritize a culture of accountability consistent across the entire team?  

Grant fumbles - benched an entire.  

Sims gives the ball away like Halloween candy - "we didn't;t even think about removing Sims."

You’re not wrong.

The problem is realtity though.  They likely will lose with back up(s).  The might lose with Sims.  It’s ride or die with Sims.  Putting in the back ups is no win.

I hope you don’t think I like posting this.  It sucks.  But that’s how it’s likely going to be.

4 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

You’re not wrong.

The problem is realtity though.  They likely will lose with back up(s).  The might lose with Sims.  It’s ride or die with Sims.  Putting in the back ups is no win.

I hope you don’t think I like posting this.  It sucks.  But that’s how it’s likely going to be.

With scenario A you lose games and propagate a culture of hypocrisy and contempt.

With scenario B you might give the team energy through backing your word with action and establish a true precedent for players now and to come.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I suppose.  It’s a classic lose lose.  With Sims you still have a chance.  With the others it’s over.

Win a game against an FCS school next week and establish your word as worthless as you hold some accountable for on field performance but not the one that starts as the most important position on the field and has produced the most disastrous results.

Maybe because the head man, who dictates culture, picked you as his guy.

Sounds a lot like a scenario we just came from with Frost and 2AM.

Like you, I hate typing this.  

5 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I suppose.  It’s a classic lose lose.  With Sims you still have a chance.  With the others it’s over.

Sims has had 6 turnovers in two games against moderate defenses. It’s delusional to think his decision making will change and his skills as a passer will improve throughout the year. 

I agree with you we have no real options at QB though. It’s going to be a very ugly year.

1 hour ago, DefenderAO said:

Grant fumbles - benched an entire game.  

Sims gives the ball away like Halloween candy - "we didn't even think about removing Sims."

It's pretty obvious that Haarberg is very unlikely to do much better. I recall Haarberg not looking good in the spring game.

• Haha 1