Triaging the QB room

Scarlet

9 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Casey Thompson is 10 times the QB that Sims is and Frost left him here. That he left after Rhule was hired is not on Frost.

Casey Thompson had NFL WR Trey Palmer to throw to.  Palmer would hep any QB look good.  Thompson couldn't run to save his life.

In his only 3 games at FAU he threw 5 INT's...Take out Monmouth and he had a QBR of 5 against Clemson and a 12 against Ohio. Even keeping Monmouth, in 3 games he rushed for a whopping 2 yards...His only passing TD's (5) were against Monmouth...At NU he finished with -21 yards rushing, a 64 QBR and 17 TD's to 10 INT's.....  He wasn't good.  Palmer bailed him out.  

• TBH 6

4 hours ago, lo country said:

Casey Thompson had NFL WR Trey Palmer to throw to.  Palmer would hep any QB look good.  Thompson couldn't run to save his life.

In his only 3 games at FAU he threw 5 INT's...Take out Monmouth and he had a QBR of 5 against Clemson and a 12 against Ohio. Even keeping Monmouth, in 3 games he rushed for a whopping 2 yards...His only passing TD's (5) were against Monmouth...At NU he finished with -21 yards rushing, a 64 QBR and 17 TD's to 10 INT's.....  He wasn't good.  Palmer bailed him out.  

Also are you confusing QBR with his completion percent??? :huh:

This begs the question - how is the QB room getting better in a practical way after a combined 5 turnovers on Saturday??:dunno

"We may not be playing at an elite level right now (TG: award winning understatement of the year)," he said, "but y'all don't see what I see as far as how they come to work and the energy that they practice with and the preparation that they do. The teammates they are. It's really cool. This group is getting better and better and better, and our best days are ahead of us and I think they're coming soon. I can't wait to see all this come to fruition, this hard work."

https://www.si.com/college/nebraska/football/tuesday-nebraska-football-practice-2023-wisconsin-game-week

13 hours ago, lo country said:

At NU he finished with -21 yards rushing, a 64 QBR and 17 TD's to 10 INT's.....  He wasn't good.  Palmer bailed him out.

Another way of saying that is Casey could actually throw deep to open receiver and complete the pass to allow Palmer to bail him out.  That would be nice to have this year.   (And no I don’t think Casey is 10 times the QB but he was better last year than what we have this year and that’s not arguable)   

Quite frankly, also I’m tired of talking about a QB’s rushing stats too until the core competency of throwing passes is up to a college P5 upper half level first.  

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

The best days are coming when they no longer see the field at QB for NU.  Satt is blowing smoke. 

I mean what do you want him to say?  Should he has said "Our QB room is a complete dumpster fire and I can't wait until next year when we have 2 QBs out of the portal and these clowns are gone"?

95% of these pressers are coach speak.  You can sometimes get good nuggets from Rhule, but most is just fluff.  Husker fans digesting and analyzing everything that is said does no one any good.

• TBH 1
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Quite frankly, also I’m tired of talking about a QB’s rushing stats too until the core competency of throwing passes is up to a college P5 upper half level first.  

I think it's being brought up because what the hell would this offense be doing without a homerun deep threat receiver for Casey and without a quarterback run game?

The latter is more or less the only way we ever get chunk plays this season.