****Michigan Game Thread****

Just now, lo country said:

Remember when NU pulled our starters in the second after beating the oppossing team so bad in the 1st half it impacted their play the following week.  

Those days are 400 miles in the rearview mirror. I live through those days to the 70s and the 80s. And 90s. It's been a s*** show since

3 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Over the years, i see the same things said over and over during a bad game.  One thing i will say, as long as we can recruit we will have a chance.  This is the 2nd highest ranked team in the country, it was always going to be difficult  

I’ve seen the same posts over the years as well. It’s been 20 recruiting classes since arguably our best since Osborne (Suh’s class) and we have a Holiday Bowl to show for it. I think it’s lazy to say “ this was expected.” Vegas expected a 17 point game, FYI. 

1 minute ago, huskerfan74 said:

I really thought our defense was much improved but Michigan is showing us how far we are from even being on the right trajectory. 

I believe that we're still on the right trajectory, but the true test of that comes over the next four games against fairly average teams. Using a playoff contender as the litmus test is a tall task. Before we get to that test, we need to show that we can beat the teams that don't have a bunch of future NFL players first. Gotta learn how to walk, before you can run sort of thing...

• Fire 1
Just now, PaulCrewe said:

It is a sham and as much of a national joke as the program currently is.  It can die. 

So just throw everything in the trash? Might as well just go take all the national championship trophies and give them away too. Don't be such a defeatist it'll get better we have to give Rhule at least 3 years

• Fire 1
6 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

What’s the play when we keep coaches for about 3 years? Every HS in the state adjusts accordingly?

That’s not the answer. Rhule grabbed sub par coaching talent with an open checkbook. We’re seeing years of under-developed kids playing right now. And Rhule should doubly be scrutinized as he hand-picked Sims who is a compete dud.  We now have a QB that is all-American D3 talent trying to win games while “talented” Freshman sit on the bench watching this mess. 

You are not going to get talent from across the nation so it starts  with the state of Nebraska and its football players.  There is no way around that. You either accept or you dont but Nebraska is not going to get top recruits from across the nation so it doesnt matter how much you throw at coaches.  Great dynastic teams especially a team not in a major media market- teams like Nebraska-  often begin with in state players.

Bunch of narrowed minded fools on this board.  Rhule is coaching Frost players.  Wouldn't have been for Trey Palmer last season, a Mickey guy, we don't win those 4 games we did.  This team has no talent, most on Frost.  Sure, we could have done what Prime did, but Rhule wouldn't bring in 20 players the caliber of what Prime did.  Thats why Rhule didn't go that route.  Most coaches can;t bring in 70 players and meld them together like Prime, but Prime is getting beat by elite talented teams as well.  Figure it out fellas, until we figure out that our program is not a program anymore, we might start doing something.  Just because we are Nebraska, doesn't mean we have gotten talent.  Sean Callaham is also a big fraud.  He ballyhoos these recruits, rates them with alot of stars and they are failures, year after year.  We suck.  We might get better next season, we might not. 

• Thanks 2
5 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

There is nothing to indicate that Rhule will turn this thing around in the next five years. Another failed experiment 

I think he needs to course correct. He came in wanting to be liked and get to know the state and program.  The defense showed some improvement until today. We are down some injuries.  But he needs to be bolder and show some fire. No one thinks this is on the right track. I’d let Raiola go like yesterday. Go all in on redoing the OL. Get some edge rushers wherever you can. Start to play some more of your recruits as they bought into you and your vision. Showcase Fidone as a mismatch. Have a two QB system.  I don’t care but you have to have accountability and show desire to win.  Today’s performance is completely unacceptable.